Does doping exist in SA?

Eish, I know dopers are scum of the earth and all that but what a tragic story.

Between the accident & doping ban a whole career down the drain

I presume the cause of it all - the taxi driver got off scot free :(

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me anyone that beats me in a race is a suspect doper

Ouch... Ok what's the limit on cups of coffee these days. I'm on ((7)) already...........

Have you seen the doping in university qualifications- Ritalin and caffeine tablets are widely abused to pass exams...

Well it's not like a student budget budget allows for coke every morning after a night of binge drinking. 

Plenty middle-aged try hard wannabe pros dope as well... many have been caught but nothing is reported because they don't win races.

Does chocolate Steri-Stumpie contain banned substances? Would hate to get caught doping ..............

who said this?

In the past, you have raced as a teammate with three riders that have been caught for using performance-enhancing practices/substances. This, combined with your ability to put minutes into your South African rivals has raised widespread suspicion about whether you are also doping. What is your position on this situation?

I do not dope. My racing results have been consistent from when I turned professional in 2006, through the implementation of the ADAMS system in 2009 and the implementation of the biological passport in 2012. I’m fully committed to clean sport.

Regarding former teammates, yes that is true. But I have also competed with other athletes who are world-class and clean, for example Kohei Yamamoto (2x Cape Epics), Thomas Zahnd (Cape Pioneer Trek), Christoph Sauser (Cape Pioneer Trek, Transalp), Mannie Heymans and Adrien Niyonshuti, to name just a few.

Obviously, it’s very disappointing when athletes choose to cross that line. However, I have no control over what other athletes choose to do. I can only focus on myself. At the end of the day every man and woman needs to make their own choices in life and face the consequences of their own actions. I don’t expect to be judged for another person’s actions, just as I wouldn’t expect someone else to be judged for my actions.

I was at the Lesotho Sky that Knox rode with Rourke... They got wasted on Castle milk stout every night then blew James Reid, the junior swiss national champ and the Israeli Olympic team out the water by 30 minutes or more the next day. It was insane 

A month or two later Rourke was bust and not long after the Max saga unraveled.

WADA (I think) arrived on the last night to test them. I have a feeling that was the beginning of the end.

I was at the Lesotho Sky that Knox rode with Rourke... They got wasted on Castle milk stout every night then blew James Reid, the junior swiss national champ and the Israeli Olympic team out the water by 30 minutes or more the next day. It was insane

A month or two later Rourke was bust and not long after the Max saga unraveled.

WADA (I think) arrived on the last night to test them. I have a feeling that was the beginning of the end.

Lol Rouke's anti Doping violation and his excuse was also right up there with some of the most laughable excuses.

I suspect that is where most of the doping happens these days.

I am pretty sure if you told them that if they injected cow pee that they would be faster.. They'd all do it

Well it's not like a student budget budget allows for coke every morning after a night of binge drinking. 

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but because there's no comic sans, you would be surprised...