SRAM Eagle AXS Groupset (Limited stock)

CWC Online

If you love gadgets, have a bucketload of spare cash, why are you pretentious for spending what you earned on what you want?  Have you tried it, I have.  Quite awesome - Would I buy one? Definitely not because it can't shift down fast enough (yet) and 32k is an obsense amount of money I don't have.  But I won't judge anyone with this.  Don't most of us ride on or with more than we really need?  Does that make us pretentious?

When I got back in MTB, 1x12 was brand new. I got it and was scoffed at.  Now it's the gold standard, not for all, but for most.

Besides, with this kit your bike is going to look awesome next to your SUP, golf bag, surfski, kiteboard and Q7

edit grammar

What about just wanting it and having enough cash to buy it? Capitalism 101. 

Clearly you are jealous and not happy with you own lot hence the need to ridicule those who can afford what you cant. 

Get a life dude. 

I will strongly advise you to go see a  financial advisor and find out how early retirement works.  

Then we can talk about jealousy...

okay Tatta

Edited by MDK!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s all relative.6K more than a normal Eagle groupset of which every second bike has one now days without causing a stir on the trails.

If you look at top road disc groupset nowadays you looking at 50-60K just for the groupset.

Believe me most of the guys buying the groupset have got their early retirement sorted.

It’s all relative.6K more than a normal Eagle groupset of which every second bike has one now days without causing a stir on the trails.

If you look at top road disc groupset nowadays you looking at 50-60K just for the groupset.

Believe me most of the guys buying the groupset have got their early retirement sorted.

Exactly, on on your points. 6k more than the mech version is really not bad. Compared to other groupsets, did anyone really expect this one to be cheaper than it is? If i had this sort of cash to spend on a groupset id spend the extra 6 just cause this is a really cool bit of tech. Check the promo video that shows the dropper as well as the app. Really cool stuff.

Mdk, you sound salty af man.

If you are not a Pro sponsored rider....What on earth is the gain here for the average customer....don't tell me weight  or shifting speed bs...

If I see you with that on your bike, I will point , laugh and judge you  because you are 100% a stupid pretentious sucker.

drop cables whic can cause their own problmes , the axs derailer can detect impacts and compensate for it saving you mech hangers and maybe even the whole derailer , indexing is miles easier and quicker and the whole system is more reliable 

say what you want about the price , the technology is amazing and will serve its purpose 

* A ford CAR use to cost 250$

drop cables whic can cause their own problmes , the axs derailer can detect impacts and compensate for it saving you mech hangers and maybe even the whole derailer , indexing is miles easier and quicker and the whole system is more reliable 

say what you want about the price , the technology is amazing and will serve its purpose 

* A ford CAR use to cost 250$

And just how are you going to test all of  this that you claim it can do....??

I agree tech is amazing and yes it will seve its purpose. 

Funny enough I own a XX1 Eagle set that I got right here on the Bikehub for a fraction of the price....

But hey you do you

Edited by MDK!

Funny enough I own a XX1 Eagle set that I got right here on the Bikehub for a fraction of the price....

But hey you do you

yes I will go do me with my GX1x11 32T oval been working well and I'll ride it till it breaks , doesn't mean I'll hate on new tech :thumbup:

I will strongly advise you to go see a financial advisor and find out how early retirement works.

Then we can talk about jealousy...

okay Tatta

If you relying on a financial advisor to retire you ain’t retiring pal but you already knew that.

Edited by Zula

yes I will go do me with my GX1x11 32T oval been working well and I'll ride it till it breaks , doesn't mean I'll hate on new tech :thumbup:

Thats the spirit BaGearA!!! 

But hey you do you

XX1 eagle, quite pretentious compared to other groupsets, hope the shimano, GX, NX etc guys don't point, laugh and judge you........ even though you got it at a "deal" right here on le hub

If you relying on a financial advisor to retire you ain’t retiring pal but you already knew that.

I wish that were true, but sadly in my experience it's not. The amount of capital sitting in plain old money market accounts for long term investment is honestly shocking, and I have seen my fair share of dodgy ass deals and uneducated or ignorant clients with boatloads of cash who just keep it in their cheque accounts or are advised to put the cash in some newfangled Ponzi scheme with the promise of 10% per month returns.

Those that can say what you've said above are the privileged few, I'm afraid. The rest have no clue, or think they have a clue but really don't, and the world is full of "advisors" itching to take advantage of that with no thought on what's best for their client.

I try to be one of those people who fix that sort of thing.

Re AXS. If you have 30k spare to throw at an upgrade / new subwoofer / Callaway drivers / monthly mooring for your boat / weekly bubbly expenses you're not really gonna think twice about this sort of thing, and those with the means don't need to be told to "consult a financial advisor" or about "early retirement" because there "may be better things for them to spend their money on (based on your view of their lifestyle and your annual income)

If people can afford it, so what. If they can't, and also buy it but can afford the finance on that 32k, so what? I only hope that the latter person has a solid financial plan in place for his future. The guy that scoffs at 30k? Yeah he may need some, but that's not your business unless he wants to make it your business.

If you are not a Pro sponsored rider....What on earth is the gain here for the average customer....don't tell me weight or shifting speed bs...

If I see you with that on your bike, I will point , laugh and judge you because you are 100% a stupid pretentious sucker.

Or maybe some people just like cool stuff, and have the disposable income to afford it?

I say if you want it, and can afford it - why not? You don't have to justify everything more than a simple "I want it".

If we had to buy equipment that matched our skill level and justify every single purchase with the gains it gives us, most of us would be riding much more basic bikes than we currently do.

Don't get me wrong - this isn't for me, I'm happy with cables and GX level stuff, to me a drivetrain is an exposed and fragile part of the bike just asking to be ripped off by a rogue rock. I'd rather spend my $ on lekker suspension parts, but if I see AXS on the trail I'm dam sure gonna drool over it because it is quite simply a gorgeous piece of kit, and I love gadgets and gizmos.

Oh and on the cash part - if you have earned enough to have the disposable cash to buy this, all respect to you - it probably means you are very good at whatever you do. Spend your cash on what makes you happy.

And yeah, I'm sure there are plenty that will buy this on credit or whatever just to keep up with the Jones's - but quite honestly that's their business, not mine.

Edited by Grease_Monkey