Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

2nd lap is a privilege, and one that you have to pay for, they don't have to offer it, and they can charge whatever the hell they want to, and seeing as the price has never differed from normal entry price I am assuming that enough people happily pay to do it, that they don't feel a need to change the situation.

Don't overthink it and feel you are somehow entitled to a discount, regardless of perceived lack of extra expenditure, it won't get you very far. 

Rather take the email as a pat on the back that they think you will make it in the first place and enjoy, hoping to one day get that email, at which point I will very happily pay twice.

I don't at all feel I'm entitled to a discount. I merely put out an opinion for discussion. Even if it was half-price, or free, I wouldn't be riding the second lap. I agree that the organisers can charge what they want, it's a free market. Again, I am merely critiquing the logic and don't expect everyone to agree with my view.

Good luck striving for that email. See you on the route.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest question  (dunno been discussed yet)... Seeing UAE tour been cancelled due to Corona virus, what is probability it will affect CTCT ?  

Honest question  (dunno been discussed yet)... Seeing UAE tour been cancelled due to Corona virus, what is probability it will affect CTCT ?  

The way the southeaster is blowing right now, all viruses will be blown to Namibia, maybe even Angola, so, relax! :ph34r:  ;)

Hope that Covid-19 doesn't pop up in CT before next Sunday...

Mmmm, heard some rumors, and if substantiated, the shite has hit the fan ( a female traveler from Dubai)

The way the southeaster is blowing right now, all viruses will be blown to Namibia, maybe even Angola, so, relax! :ph34r:  ;)

I'm relaxed  .. just spend 2 days in hospital wards, so my sore throat I'm just blaming on that. :eek:  

/me looking up 1 day cures for corona

I can prolly arrange some cut off jeans and a flannel shirt.......

I doubt I will see you unless it's on your 2nd lap!

But on that note, anyone got a BMX I can borrow? Preferably a race BMX and not a trick one, but either or.

I will burrow around in the garage

Send me Milky a pm, he might be able to assist.

Mod Note:

Jewie's exploits, as started by Wayne are now here:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/184957-jewbacca-a-bmx-the-ctct-and-the-spca/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3618961

I moved most of the posts across just to get the jist going for those who do not read the thread. If I missed a few, well so be it.

This really deserves a thread on its own, and we could all do with some feel good factor right now.

That's a nice idea! I will have togh in my legs and i may be tired of my bike by then. I'll decide thus week if I'm going to spring for a second (half) lap.

Last year due to the weather I never made it back in time.

So I took my time, went to the car, filled my bottles, got some snacks, cycled down Lower Main Rd, through Rondebosch, onto the main road, through Wynberg, past Victoria Hospital and onto the M3 from there. It was still closed to cars but no more riders on the road so I turned off at the end of the M3 and went right because the main road was open to cars again, I went back along Spaanschemat, Up The Nek, Down into Hout Bay and joined the route from the circle. I enjoyed my 2nd "half lap" assisting a few of the elderly woman up Suikers and few gentleman through Camps Bay etc. This year I will prob not make it back either as I start in 1k.. I plan to do the same thing except I'll cycle down the main road into Fish Hoek and perhaps turn right off the route over Black Hill and then join up from that intersection again and do the same, assist the people really struggling up Chappies and Suikers, especially 1st timers. It gets lonely out there for the back markers sometimes who are battling to make cut offs..

That's a nice idea! I will have togh in my legs and i may be tired of my bike by then. I'll decide thus week if I'm going to spring for a second (half) lap.

There are a few shortcuts if you feeling tired legs.. You can go over The Nek and then you miss Chappies, You can go right at Fish Hoek Circle and do Chappies, you can go over Black Hill too and do Chappies and Suikers..

Either way you still get most of the lekker gees apart from Edinburgh

I understand your fear.. I wonder how SA amd CT International Airport in particular are monitoring people entering Cape Town? Not sure how many but as far as I remember we get quite a few international cyclists for this event.

as one of those travelling from the UK, i can certainly say that i am just hoping that international travel will still be allowed. 

from my point of view, it is currently 4 degrees C rainging and snowing at the same time, and if nothing else i am so looking forward to simply sitting on the start line wind or no wind and enjoying the warmer weather.

so Mr Ebola, who clearly is stronger than Miss Carona, please stand guard and dont let the chinese in