Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

My first Cycle Tour in 96 I saw a lady flash her noombies at me just before Noordehoek Cafe.... She's the reason I ride every year :clap:

Pretty sure it won't be the same noombies when she comes back to do it :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I crashed near cape point in the & group. Am now in hospital injured.

Can anyone tell me what happened as I have no memory of it at all.

Thanks

Hi Nutty,

A water bottle came out and I think you hit it, which put you into Cameron. You hit the ground very hard, he was in shock as you were not moving or awake. He stayed till medical arrived.

I hope you heal fast bud.

Were you riding in a K2C shirt today?

Then I definitely spotted you two or three times, but was one of those days I didn't go up and make small talk along the way like I normally do.

na...plain old teal or whatever it is. Was on a silver steel HT mtb full of frame bags though. you'll know if you saw it....as most people chirp me and say i'm on a ebike lol (my response is usually: the joke's on you friend....as they are just bags filled with about 3kg's of tools and food and **** lol)....because half them have never seen a dropper post and the cable that runs externally into the seat tube....past the bags obviously.

post-64325-0-90585600-1570521796_thumb.jpeg

ps...this was it after k2c last year....it was obviously alot cleaner today haha

Edited by morneS555

would love to hear some feedback of those on ebikes.  Starting at the very end, getting the worst of the weather ...

would be interesting to hear your take on the CTCT.

would love to hear some feedback of those on ebikes.  Starting at the very end, getting the worst of the weather ...

We saw several that certainly could not have started at the back. 

would love to hear some feedback of those on ebikes. Starting at the very end, getting the worst of the weather ...

We saw one crash into a MTB going UP suikers LOL

I chatted to few of them, they were grinning from ear to ear,  Lots of 70+ riders having a joll.

only times they were issue was the tjops that jaaged up the hills showing of, most of others was very well behave

Wind was not issue.. they were cruising along.,  

Edited by Karman de Lange

Hey Nutty, 

Was in your group a little ahead of you. A bottle popped out from someone, you hit it or swerved and went down, my friend was on your wheel and went into and over you along with one of the Savages and some other guys. 

My mate lost a lot of skin but ended up finishing. He was extremely shook up after seeing you on the floor in a pool of blood, hope its not very serious and you are back on the road quickly!

Thanks

na...plain old teal or whatever it is. Was on a silver steel HT mtb full of frame bags though. you'll know if you saw it....as most people chirp me and say i'm on a ebike lol (my response is usually: the joke's on you friend....as they are just bags filled with about 3kg's of tools and food and **** lol)....because half them have never seen a dropper post and the cable that runs externally into the seat tube....past the bags obviously.

ps...this was it after k2c last year....it was obviously alot cleaner today haha

Ah I was right by you at the front of the start pens... Loved that bike!

on chappies a road-ebike came past us at mach 4....going up

if they sold them there next to the road i would probably have baught one

edit: he was not fat...or old. so guessing he had some sort of debilitating desease :ph34r: 

Edited by morneS555

Thanks

I really tried hard to get my sub 4, but missed out again at 4h12, and it is not even my PB, which I also missed by 40 seconds. I had I good day, felt decent. I either did not pace myself properly or just did not have the power I thought I would have.

I was riding from 3J.

Same here. Broke my chain. Got it fixed in about 5mins, but it did not sound to good when I put too much pressure (scared to use the word power) on the pedals. Came in at 4:21. Very happy with that.

I was very close to the crash, one guy went over a bump in the road, bottle came out of cage and under another ones wheel taking him down, guy next to him panicked and slammed on brakes also going down and taking plenty guys with him. Managed to get past somehow but heard plenty other going down behind me.

sorry to hear about these crashes/incidents today...

good start today....people finding these level after the start but then the wargods on bikes took over....

sometimes you see a few reckless people on bikes etc but some today were taking photos etc and waving to a crowd in middle of groups and you can only get nervous when the road gets bumpy...

climbs today...few people working with each other...but had some great fun climbing today....the descents were hectic...especially when the wind kicked in...

a good day....nice time....

some great conversations afterwards with fellow riders...

hope all injuries etc heal up quick..

lets keep supporting the cycling community...