[Event] MEDIHELP Stellenbosch Cycle Tour 2020

Starchboy

"We" obviously getting soft.

I think the event insurance is running so high that they're not willing to take risks. I t just takes a few accidents happening on different  sections of the course to create a difficult situation.

Remember a few years back in the CTCT there was a pile up on the M3 hospital bend. They had to delay groups start times to clear the scene and ensure that the medical teams did not need to be pulled from other stations to assist.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be interesting to see what they are going to do re. the "lost" entry fees. Give discount for the next years race like they did with CTCT, stage another race where you can transfer your entry fees, or what? 

I think the event insurance is running so high that they're not willing to take risks. I t just takes a few accidents happening on different  sections of the course to create a difficult situation.

Remember a few years back in the CTCT there was a pile up on the M3 hospital bend. They had to delay groups start times to clear the scene and ensure that the medical teams did not need to be pulled from other stations to assist.

Yeah, its a lot easier to cancel an event than arrange more marshals or safety crews. 

Would be interesting to see what they are going to do re. the "lost" entry fees. Give discount for the next years race like they did with CTCT, stage another race where you can transfer your entry fees, or what? 

They will say they have paid everyone already and the event was already running at a loss, therefore no money to refund. They could give you a discount on the Sportif's, oh wait...

Getting? I was hard for a short while in 1991 whilst in the army. It's been a slow languid slide ever since.

"Back in the day" There was no facebook or SMS, no place for people to froth and moan. Events just rolled on. 

I remember doing the water points for PPA races that went over Franshoek pass in the 90's, it was Gale force up there, tables blew away, Trees were in the road. The events carried on and nobody got hurt. 

Just think its rather ironic that a road events gets cancelled due to safety concerns over weather, when every time we go ride on the road we face a much bigger risk, the traffic. 

i just heard that the cruise liner/s is currently leaving the harbor.

I really hope PPA atleast gives a discount/free entry on another race. Since i have been with PPA, to me its like they have a "dont care" attitude, the only time they care is when they need your membership.

How much seeding can that entry fee buy?  :whistling:

"Back in the day" There was no facebook or SMS, no place for people to froth and moan. Events just rolled on. 

I remember doing the water points for PPA races that went over Franshoek pass in the 90's, it was Gale force up there, tables blew away, Trees were in the road. The events carried on and nobody got hurt. 

Just think its rather ironic that a road events gets cancelled due to safety concerns over weather, when every time we go ride on the road we face a much bigger risk, the traffic. 

The back markers, who used to be golf players, have lawyers. And they do not mind using lawyers for everything.

The back markers, who used to be golf players, have lawyers. And they do not mind using lawyers for everything.

Then cancel the event for people with a start group lower than 2E. 

The cycle tour, what used to be the largest timed cycling event in the world cancelled 2 events out of 3 and people got gatvol and reflects in the diminished size of the event. Pretty sure those back markers with lawyers are not going to enter the next version of this event as they will be afraid it will be cancelled.

How much seeding can that entry fee buy? :whistling:

Detail your preparation for the event and how you were primed for 2h**.

Perhaps that together with entry fee could influence seeding. :D

Discount on the 99er will be great.

Like the Black Friday special on the Tour De PPA.

Problem is 99er isn't organised by PPA, it's organized by Al-Shaddai Christian School in Durbanville. So that's not going to happen. I reckon a discount to their own "Tour De PPA" would be a nice touch, But DEF won't hold my breath for that LOL

We can do it again, - easy to organise, but rider-tears are too wet.

don't think we'll ever see the old hels on anything again, the giro del capo with ~7 circuits of old hels was the bomb.