Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

As mentioned previously, Nic has some friends in high places. I wouldn't be surprised for a huge lawsuit to be the result of this. Sad considering that SANparks is really important for our various nature reserves and protected areas and I would imagine they are going to absolutely *** and betaal Nic into possible early retirement due to one aggressive ranger.

Whats the potential life-long loss of income for a grand tour cyclist from this injury in the eyes of a smart lawyer?? :eek:

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you look from the rangers side, it could have been thug who was on way to stab someone? One dont know what happened before they manhandled him. From rangers perpective he was just another trespasser without permit. We all know thugs dress up these days to blend in

Will rather wait for full report before blaming anyone,

The video does not show the whole incident from the start.

He must have done something horrendous for being assaulted so brutally by the rangers, I'll await the full report before jumping to any conclusion as we don't know exactly what happened.

if you look from the rangers side, it could have been thug who was on way to stab someone?  One dont know what happened before they manhandled him.   From rangers perpective he was just another trespasser without permit.   We all know thugs dress up these days to blend in

These are public servants, their main role is to facilitate the taxpayers use of the park.

Sadly this video demonstrates exactly what they have become - enforcers preying on defenceless people.

Their attitude is almost always immediately one of confrontation and threat - never that of information and enquiry.

It is plain to see that they were present in numbers, repeatedly used excessive force and then threatened another member of public recording the incident.

I cannot see anything giving them the benefit of the doubt here. 

Two questions :

1) is there a video of the FULL encounter ?

2) Were the other riders there for the FULL encounter ?

certainly, this short clip do paint a VERY bad picture !!  That said, been enough snap judgments this year already .... would prefer to get the complete story ...

if you look from the rangers side, it could have been thug who was on way to stab someone?  One dont know what happened before they manhandled him.   From rangers perpective he was just another trespasser without permit.   We all know thugs dress up these days to blend in

Where exactly was a knife supposed to be hidden? In the swathes of loose lycra?

Outside of that - if that is how they deal with a 'knife wielding thug' I'm bloody surprised more of them aren't stabbed. It was pathetic. There was zero control of the situation and the fact that only one ranger was really involved, while the others stood around looking sheepish and lost, would seem to indicate a less than threatening situation.

These are public servants, their main role is to facilitate the taxpayers use of the park.

Sadly this video demonstrates exactly what they have become - enforcers preying on defenceless people.

Their attitude is almost always immediately one of confrontation and threat - never that of information and enquiry.

It is plain to see that they were present in numbers, repeatedly used excessive force and then threatened another member of public recording the incident.

I cannot see anything giving them the benefit of the doubt here. 

this is exactly our experience on the few times we have run into them on table mountain on our daily commutes over the years...

Broken arm is excessive force during arrest.

Perhaps the rangers did not know he is well known, has friends in high places and can ride anywhere he wants wthout a permit?

????‍♂️

Even if there was an altercation before hand. nothing justifies this horrific thug treatment. They should be trained to de-escalate any given situation. 

Immediate suspension of all of them (w/o pay) should be non-negotiable. Think I will set up a petition for that.

luv the term "trained official "  #thugwithbadge

it doesnt matter what a suspect has done - that kind of force is Not legal ....

so all you 3 sides guys think this thru ...are you saying that some how its ok to break anyones arm if he does something illegal ? would it be ok if they broke yours? .......yeah didnt think so...... :whistling:  

Dlamini not the only one assaulted, I bet there are many more assaults...hope the rangers are sharpening their pencils writing up the full report.

My point exactly - SANPARKS been doing this for years now - it starts with management - anyone who has encountered them can testify to their heavy handed approach - be it via their office or their rangers. Hopefully time's up and we can get some management who understand what their role is.

Then maybe the rangers will try and act as public servants and not security guards.