Pyga Mobu

Ke_Malose

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which is the opposite of the way my riding is going.....

In that case, you'll have to consider how much compromise the versatility brings. However in this case there might not be much? 

I doubt there will have to be any compromise..

Considering you have two options on suspension setup and 2 options on head angle, between all this you have the ability to configure it just the way you want for the riding you want to do.

from down right multi day stage racer on mostly gravel roads to more XCO or more trail riding,

that ability, and the proven ability by Pat, combined by pretty much the #1 carbon manufacturer out there... and you will have one of the most sought after bikes.

G

In that case, you'll have to consider how much compromise the versatility brings. However in this case there might not be much? 

Considering you have two options on suspension setup and 2 options on head angle, between all this you have the ability to configure it just the way you want for the riding you want to do.

from down right multi day stage racer on mostly gravel roads to more XCO or more trail riding,

that ability, and the proven ability by Pat, combined by pretty much the #1 carbon manufacturer out there... and you will have one of the most sought after bikes.

G

I have zero doubt that this bike will be world class. Pat is pretty visionary, he seems to have passionate partners and processes being used are cutting edge

I loved my stage and that’s why I ordered the Mobu, but in the long interim I have shifted to gravel and found my sweet spot

I still think it’s not the prettiest bicycle I’ve ever seen but that is secondary in the larger scheme

Edited by Waynemol

G

I'd put this bike in the same category as UNNO, due to the production process and attention to detail. IMO not as pretty as the UNNO bikes, but not that far off, either. 

Small batch production

Excellent carbon manufacturing tech

The Weave.... OMG that weave!

The Price

That weave... and the points where the weave come together, and perfectly align, it's out of this world. the attention to detail.

Was able to hold the first frame out of the mould in my hands... like 5 hours after it was handed to Richard and barry....

even unfinished it was amazing.

G

I'd put this bike in the same category as UNNO, due to the production process and attention to detail. IMO not as pretty as the UNNO bikes, but not that far off, either. 

Small batch production

Excellent carbon manufacturing tech

The Weave.... OMG that weave!

The Price

This first batch, limited editions will only be sold bare carbon.

taking this and painting it would be like taking a Ferrari out of Italy and sending it to the local body shop to get re-sprayed...  :whistling:

G

I hope you manage to get a look at the clearcoated frame before you get it painted, because it looks like the naked weave is an artwork in and of itself. 

I hope you manage to get a look at the clearcoated frame before you get it painted, because it looks like the naked weave is an artwork in and of itself. 

It is the weave I personally do not like and contributes to the sharp edge look, in some of the picture probably due to light, the Mobu`s carbon has a "bronze" look to it, and that reminds me of the FRM Anakin Cape Cobra reviewed on the hub.

It is the weave I personally do not like and contributes to the sharp edge look, in some of the picture probably due to light, the Mobu`s carbon has a "bronze" look to it, and that reminds me of the FRM Anakin Cape Cobra reviewed on the hub.

EEEEEUWWWW... 

That tint completely ruins it. But I don't reckon it's anywhere close to that. 

EDIT: I don't see any bronze tint?

pyga-mobu-brand-new-1588681653-391.jpg

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

do not recall a copper tint to the frame I saw, most probably lightning used/phone/carmera

Wayne, how does Matthys's frame look.

G

I actually agree with the detractors on this one.... I don't like the look of the weave.

I would paint a pink to yellow fade and be done with it.

Like I've said before, the 7% to 15% (whatever it is perceived as) performance I get out of this compared to my XR929 is completely lost on me.

I am a hacker and having top end kit would just make me look like more of a palooka.

I'm not a 'fancy' kit person. I prefer to be good on rubbish kit that rubbish on good kit.

This Mobu is keeping me up at night, custom paint job will settle the looks.

even its a splash here and there

The weave is lovely but black bikes are like white bakkies - all the same regardless of brand

Grew up in Durban, things must be pimped