Pyga Mobu

Ke_Malose

I feel the same except I have one coming - having paid over 18 months ago maybe I can sell for a massive profit 

Or maybe I will just learn to love it.  Should've hung onto my stage just a little longer

hurt seeing the stage re-appear in the other thread a few days ago?

also did you pay knowing you gonna wait +18 new moons before you see the frame? 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

always expected 12-14 months, 

all just live with the longer wait... all the bits are waiting.

The original frame was R55k... have not heard anything of R100k for the next batch, think thats def very wrong.

G

Really hurt but fortunately I know it's in a good home, I mean the guy stripped it completely for a clean!

No I had no idea I was in for the long wait, was expecting it Nov 2019 but I understand the reasons.  On the plus side, I bought parts monthly and don't have one cent to spend on the build.  Every single item has gone up since I bought them so in my mind I am going to have a bargain machine that given current events I could never afford now.

According to my spreadsheet , mine will come in under 10kgs including pedals cages and sealant

The first 50 guys seem to have bought the frame cheap when I hear the prices people are talking

Edited by Waynemol

Maybe I misunderstood and it was R100k for a full bike  :huh:  :wacko:

always expected 12-14 months, 

all just live with the longer wait... all the bits are waiting.

The original frame was R55k... have not heard anything of R100k for the next batch, think thats def very wrong.

G

I'd thank that... for a full bike, no being one of the original 50, I'm expect to pay R100-110k, maybe even up to R125k.

this thing is going to head to head on performance to a top shelf Cannondale and Spez.

and those are like R150k-175k.

G

Maybe I misunderstood and it was R100k for a full bike  :huh:  :wacko:

Would have been a great bike to have. i kind of like the flat surfaces, radar invisible bike.... Hi Tech stuff man!

The frames are being made by BST. Those who know road motorcycles will know that BST make THE VERY BEST motorcycle wheels on the planet. And if you don't like the look of the Forged Marchesini wheels on your R400k Ducati you'll put BST's on.

I think it's great that Pyga have teamed up with BST. Perfect match. Made in SA. Super high end.

Well done to Pyga for being brave. Are they becoming the Bastion Bikes of MTB? 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I feel the same except I have one coming - having paid over 18 months ago maybe I can sell for a massive profit 

Or maybe I will just learn to love it.  Should've hung onto my stage just a little longer

Nope, edit: forgot the exclamation mark...!

Edited by Nakoota

Not a better idea to try and sell the parts off and frame separately to recoup more of the costs?

Some awesome parts there that should move fairly quickly to the right buyer...

I bought these parts with the rand around 12 to the dollar, once or twice a bit less.  I waited 9 months for those brakes and the prices listed are the prices I paid.

I reckon to repeay this build right now might set someone back an amount I don't want to think about

In fact I had no idea how much this build cost me until today - I knew it was a lot but as parts were bought monthly and online, I just never added it up

Relatively speaking its a fantastic price - as much as paying car prices for a bike can be

That was the long answer - short answer is that if I just sold the frame, I don't think I'd have the balls to sell off these parts.  I'd keep them and spend more money down the line on another build

I am very happy riding gravel and the odd ride on a classic roadbike.  I think this PYGA is too much for me and I'd rather have the crown right now.  I haven't ridden a trail since K2C in 2018 and that's hardly technical

That said, I won't cry if I end up with it  - maybe I won't think it's so fugly in real life

Edited by Waynemol