Pyga Mobu

Ke_Malose

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be one insanely well designed and built bike.

"We're so confident in Blackstone Tek’s method and precision of manufacturing that we will be offering a lifetime warranty on frame and bearings. The MoBu will be available shortly after manufacturing can resume following relaxation of Covid-19 lockdown"

Blackstone Tek is one of the worlds highest tier extreme performance carbon production houses, not fking around.

Well done Patrick Morewood, you are the man!

This will probably be my next bike - when the time comes to retire the VIPA...

Looks amazing!

Edited by HOEKVLAG

If I win the lotto, this is on my list! But at R100k for a frame, I would have to sell a kidney. Looks great and love the concept though. Also, how can you beat this proudly South African initiative from Pyga.

Edited by DCJ

Is it really going to be R100k for a frame? I’m considering a Hyrax, 140mm bike is a bit more for me.

If I win the lotto, this is on my list! But at R100k for a frame, I would have to sell a kidney. Looks great and love the concept though. Also, how can you beat this proudly South African initiative from Pyga.

R100k for the frame? 

Surely not... why would anyone buy it then!?

R100k for the frame? 

Surely not... why would anyone buy it then!?

That's what I last heard from the Pyga guys end of last year, but don't quote me on it, time will tell. The company that is doing the carbon frames for them are really good, and do quality work with the best carbon. But it comes at a cost. The first 50 frames have already been bought. So I guess there are people willing to pay.

It looks rad, but for a hacker like me the tech, the flex and the cutting edge raceness would be lost on me. 

If I had 100k to spend on bikes I would buy a fleet of Mercers....

It looks rad, but for a hacker like me the tech, the flex and the cutting edge raceness would be lost on me. 

If I had 100k to spend on bikes I would buy a fleet of Mercers....

I would buy a Hyrax for fun, and a decent Hardtail XC bike for the boring long rides.

Edited by DCJ

If that is the case how does that price compare to price of equivalent frames from Spez/Canondale etc?

Ah nuts... I really like the philosophy and the ideas behind it and I'm guessing it'll ride as good as all PYGA's do but man, I really don't like the looks. I want to like it but I just can't. I know I might be about the only one and it could even be construed as treason but just think the rocker, the weave, the shape and the layup all look weird. 

I'll get my coat. 

Ah nuts... I really like the philosophy and the ideas behind it and I'm guessing it'll ride as good as all PYGA's do but man, I really don't like the looks. I want to like it but I just can't. I know I might be about the only one and it could even be construed as treason but just think the rocker, the weave, the shape and the layup all look weird. 

I'll get my coat. 

touché...

If that is the case how does that price compare to price of equivalent frames from Spez/Canondale etc?

I think part of it is there isn't an equivalent frame from those brands. The carbon used for the mobu is top notch, maybe even compared to the best used by Spez/Santa Cruz etc. That and the versatility make it something that is for the rich and famous. Maybe if we are lucky they will filter the tech down to alu, so that us mere mortals might afford one, one day. That said, equivalent top end Santa Cruz frames would probably cost around 70-75k once duties etc have been paid. Same for the top of the range S-works Spez. 

* Disclaimer, to get pricing all I did was take us frameset price in dollars and add 30% for import duties and profit for the local importer. This is by no means scientific, please don't lynch me

Edited by DCJ

I'll get my coat. 

I feel the same except I have one coming - having paid over 18 months ago maybe I can sell for a massive profit 

Or maybe I will just learn to love it.  Should've hung onto my stage just a little longer