Pyga Mobu

Ke_Malose

This first batch, limited editions will only be sold bare carbon.

taking this and painting it would be like taking a Ferrari out of Italy and sending it to the local body shop to get re-sprayed...  :whistling:

G

which gets done - it's yours to do with what you wish

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do not recall a copper tint to the frame I saw, most probably lightning used/phone/carmera

Wayne, how does Matthys's frame look.

G

Wrong guy to ask, I don't like it .....yet

The carbon looks slick and precise, just reminds me of some carbon surfboards I had that I didn't like - not a fair comparison I'll admit

Some of my favourite music didn't start out that way so I will reserve final judgement till when I have it in my hands

I still haven't seen a bike I prefer to my purple stage (sorry ex bike, we broke up too soon, all my fault)

I actually agree with the detractors on this one.... I don't like the look of the weave.

I would paint a pink to yellow fade and be done with it.

Like I've said before, the 7% to 15% (whatever it is perceived as) performance I get out of this compared to my XR929 is completely lost on me.

I am a hacker and having top end kit would just make me look like more of a palooka.

I'm not a 'fancy' kit person. I prefer to be good on rubbish kit that rubbish on good kit.

1  - you're not a hacker

2 - this bike would take you over the edge, next level

Now I'm a hacker but damn my bikes look fine, just maybe not this one

1  - you're not a hacker

2 - this bike would take you over the edge, next level

Now I'm a hacker but damn my bikes look fine, just maybe not this one

Anybody who rides a hardtail at Ezel, or a single speed rigid on the Epic, deserves respect. 

It's the carbon fibre look that inspired the East Rand to layer their cars with this...but in my mind, that's how carbon fibre should look

post-45233-0-32104900-1588866666.jpg

and beats 70 percent of the CTCT on a BMX with 2 weeks notice

Hacker my @rse

hahahaha

I'm like a training hacker. I don't own a bike computer or a speedo or make stravas or count my wattys....

I do attack hills and half wheel my friends and try to get people dropped out the back on social rides but in a non scientific, fun kind of way.......  :ph34r:

I would love this bike so I'm just finding ways to tell myself and everyone that I don't want it.

It is probably the perfect down country bike and I would jizz in my undies every time I got to take it for a spin.

So this morning I am going to backtrack a little on the fugliness of the Mobu

My wife thought I was a cocky, arrogant ballbag when she met me.(she was right btw)  I grew on her, hopefully not like a rash or a fungus.

Point being some things, especially cutting edge items like the Mobu (and me) take time to be accepted and this morning a Mobu past me and it looked better than my initial thoughts

I still don't like black bikes or too much exposed carbon - think Matthys' bike looks better full of mud than clean.

hehehe

like the way you say a MoBu passed you, considering there is only ONE in George...

glad to hear you recognised the "error" of your ways, hehehehe.

G

So this morning I am going to backtrack a little on the fugliness of the Mobu

My wife thought I was a cocky, arrogant ballbag when she met me.(she was right btw)  I grew on her, hopefully not like a rash or a fungus.

Point being some things, especially cutting edge items like the Mobu (and me) take time to be accepted and this morning a Mobu past me and it looked better than my initial thoughts

I still don't like black bikes or too much exposed carbon - think Matthys' bike looks better full of mud than clean.

hehehe

like the way you say a MoBu passed you, considering there is only ONE in George...

glad to hear you recognised the "error" of your ways, hehehehe.

G

The Mobu was going up a long climb whilst I was going down - as The Mobu was chatting to someone I thought it wasn't going that fast, it looked very chilled.

So I got to the bottom of what is a 51/2 km climb and turned around on my gravel bike.  

Thought "here is an opportunity to brag to my friends that I beat the Mobu up that climb".  You know,  a screenshot of today's leaderboard with me on top 

I didn't hammer it but I gave it a good effort.  Turns out the Mobu in relaxed chatting mode is still faster up that hill than me at 90 percent huff and puff mode.

The Mobu's ride isn't posted on Strava but the other guys is.  So out of 4 that went up that hill today I'm 3rd fastest and the guy behind me was 100 and on a steel 26er.  My time was actually pretty poor considering the effort

My dream paint job is a Kalahari sunset.

Red, purple and pink with a fiery sun.

Frame paint in a fade of red, purple and pink with decals in a chrome fiery sun look for frame,shock.

some times very sobering, we think we getting faster... we're hammering it, we're the man, then these pro's come pass us at their endurance level as a recovery ride.

G

The Mobu was going up a long climb whilst I was going down - as The Mobu was chatting to someone I thought it wasn't going that fast, it looked very chilled.

So I got to the bottom of what is a 51/2 km climb and turned around on my gravel bike.  

Thought "here is an opportunity to brag to my friends that I beat the Mobu up that climb".  You know,  a screenshot of today's leaderboard with me on top 

I didn't hammer it but I gave it a good effort.  Turns out the Mobu in relaxed chatting mode is still faster up that hill than me at 90 percent huff and puff mode.

The Mobu's ride isn't posted on Strava but the other guys is.  So out of 4 that went up that hill today I'm 3rd fastest and the guy behind me was 100 and on a steel 26er.  My time was actually pretty poor considering the effort

Thought "here is an opportunity to brag to my friends that I beat the Mobu up that climb". You know, a screenshot of today's leaderboard with me on top

I didn't hammer it but I gave it a good effort. Turns out the Mobu in relaxed chatting mode is still faster up that hill than me at 90 percent huff and puff mode.

The Mobu's ride isn't posted on Strava but the other guys is. So out of 4 that went up that hill today I'm 3rd fastest and the guy behind me was 100 and on a steel 26er. My time was actually pretty poor considering the effort

Tower climb?