Can we claim after a crash? (CTCT)

Lynnae

What about the medical insurance that CSA forced us to take out a few years ago? Can you not claim from this for the medical costs?

Is CTCT sanctioned by CSA? I know there was an issue a few years back.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the last time I did a road event was back with the Burger Sanlam, as a school laaitie. you were told to keep left and pass right, and if you didnt listen, you would be "assisted" towards the left - end of story, lesson learnt. even the entry form stated that riders should stay left and pass right IIRC.

fast forward 20 odd years and everything changed all of a sudden... K2C is the closest I will get to a mass participation event, dodging people leaning on their brakes down Wapad is enough to keep my heart healthy for one year.

i have mentioned this before but i got wiped out last year at k2c and broke my bike by someone passing on my RIGHT, going uphill...on that piece of tar road after going under the bridge about 20-30km from the start. they are everywhere. 

What about the medical insurance that CSA forced us to take out a few years ago? Can you not claim from this for the medical costs?

Is CTCT sanctioned by CSA? I know there was an issue a few years back.

Dont think so ifI remember correctly? they usually ask you on the online platform to ad a day licence when entering.  im not, never have been and never will be a member. 

i've noticed that you only get CSA'd if you enter early/online.

I've entered a few events on the day of the race and then never had to pay the stupid day licence. 

Edited by morneS555

If you are licensed with CSA you can claim through their medical insurance. That should include a day license if you purchased one. If not, no. 

on climbs I dont pass riders, they pass me.

Edit: and then I stay as far left as possible

i have mentioned this before but i got wiped out last year at k2c and broke my bike by someone passing on my RIGHT, going uphill...on that piece of tar road after going under the bridge about 20-30km from the start. they are everywhere. 

Edited by gemmerbal

Talking about MENTAL . Worst I saw yesterday I was passing slower riders on Chapmans under the bridge and left space for faster riders when this twat passed me taking a selfie video !

Sorry to hear you crashed, its best to claim from your personal insurance. Go and have all your gear inspected as there may be cracks or broken bits you did not notice. 

bad advice, premiums will go through the roof :ph34r:

Fun fact: If you have normal insurance, like you have listed your bike on your home and household insurance and you partake in a race, then if you crash and or damage your kit the insurance will not pay out. 

Just confirm with your broker / insurance provider  :thumbup:.

Hi,

Just make very sure about the small print in your insurance.

Some companies do not cover you in a race situation, ie Discovery!

So you could have just bumped your head and not remember on what day it happened.

Probably on Monday's recovery ride  :P

I was in 1A, some poor chap in front of us had a MAJOR crash, when we got there he was lying in a massive pool of blood in the middel of the road, early in the race 20/30km. It looked serious, anyone know if he is ok?

Talking about MENTAL . Worst I saw yesterday I was passing slower riders on Chapmans under the bridge and left space for faster riders when this twat passed me taking a selfie video !

If he passed you taking a selfie video, what were you doing that you had to go that slow?

Asking for a friend.

Fun fact: If you have normal insurance, like you have listed your bike on your home and household insurance and you partake in a race, then if you crash and or damage your kit the insurance will not pay out. 

yup...just like when you take your car to a 'track day'. The moment you drive it onto a race track...normal car insurance goes out the window lol

Can we talk about how people are still MENTAL and pass you on the left especially when descending. Or there will be like 20cm between you and someone else and someone will cut through this....

Like the guy who cut on my inside on the left-hander as you drop down from Victoria road to the coast road in Sea Point.

selfie videos are like a rear-view mirror....  :ph34r:

Not really, you are on your bike minding your business and someone passes you, simple. The road is closed so they can ride where they want. As long as they do NOT ask/shout at you to hold your line all is good. 20cm is a lot of space, dam even 5mm is a lot.

The rules are still the same as it always was.......slow riders keep left for the faster riders to pass on the right.......this is most of the time the biggest cause of accidents. People don't want to be told where to ride when they know or are supposed to know what the rules are. Because the roads are closed doesn't mean you can ride wherever you want. Just the basics of cycling on the road and being involved in a "race". Cheers. 

I disagree with you. 

I crashed in 2016 riding the CTCT, chain and seat stays broken on my carbon frame.  Me a broken collar bone and off to hospital.  Medical aid covered for me.

Bike was insured under all risks on household insurance and insurance were advised that the accident and breaking of the frame happened whilst riding CTCT Fun ride.  No issue at all and insurance paid out.  All I required to do was send an assessment letter from my LBS along with pics.