Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Oh sorry, thought this was bike hub, not overly sensitive political correctness hub, my bad.

My boytjie! Yes, the bike is only for real manne!! Tell these pansies to get back in the kitchen if they want to be sissies, they probably shave their legs too haha.

Sorry I can stay and help fight them off, I need to go win an argument on the 4x4 forum.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the promised photos? Or did I miss them?

Listen charna, its like well documented that man flu is way worse than women flu. Look it up duh!

This is clear as mud?

Draft document says "People can excercise under strict public health conditions, subject to directions, which will exclude organised activities, recreational facilities and gym"

Definitely clear as mud...I think the Govt communicated regulations similar to Australia/New Zealand level 4 restrictions by mistake whereas cycling/running is only planned for level2/3 in SA.

They are going to have their hands full to backtrack from their statement...because if you are allowed to exercise under strict public health guidelines, but are not allowed to walk, jog or cycle outdoors...what are you then allowed to do? Rock climbing, skateboarding, surfing....or weights/gymn in your local park?

Golf is pushing hard to allow courses to open even though Gymn’s and clubs are not allowed under L4...Also PPA has written their response!!!

It wiill be interesting to see what they come up with by friday?

Listen charna, its like well documented that man flu is way worse than women flu. Look it up duh!

Sounds like you smiling more today boet :)

I think cyclists also create angst.

If gym bunnies and Surfers and people with other 'still banned' activities start seeing cyclists 'clogging up the roads' and skipping red lights and stopping on top of suikerbossie or pass each other closer than 2m or ride in the road while passing another cyclist at 2m etc there will be angst.

The country is already a tinder box waiting to explode. As much as I want to run the trails in the mountains with my doggo, ride over chappies, hit Tokai etc I can't see them allowing it without either receiving serious ire from the irksome or re-opening the beaches etc to make things 'fair'.

It's all conjecture though... I believe we will hear a part of our immediate fate tonight. Holding thumbs they reopen Hardware stores, bike shops etc even if it is just courier fetch and carry trading.

Interesting. We don't have any restrictions on cycling alone or with housemates for exercise here, so lots of people out, which is great. However, the reaction from the public, in the papers and on twitter, the radio and social media, is hectic. Comments seem to range from cyclists spreading the virus by cycling a long way from home, to cyclists not social distancing, cyclists riding on the pavement and risking pedestrians, to people just pissed off that they cant cycle. Imagine it would be similar. 

So they day before they effectively need to be implemented. Thanks for the lead time government...

**** bru - they are operating in a fast moving environment. Why be sarcastic? I wish we had Cyril leading us here. 

That's not what was said and makes no sense, you may be running alone, but what about the other 10 people running alone and the people walking along or walking their dogs alone.

At some point in time in the same neighbourhood these peeps are going to intersect, if 1 of them is sick and asymptomatic depending on paths of cross intersection that 1 sick person could infect a dozen households because they were all alone and all did not need to wear masks as they were alone...

Leaving alone does not mean you will be the only one outside assuming we're allowed such freedoms.

Inside your house is basically the only place ur not required to wear one.

Just steer away from them. I've avoided cycle paths, coastal paths etc, anywhere where there are a lot of joggers and cyclists out. On the trails, if I see someone coming towards me, I just pull over and walk a few paces off the path. Just common sense. 

Not much to do around the house and my wife's starting to get irritated (ok more so than normal) with me so decided to give her a break and get away from her for as long as I can tomorrow ...

Plan is to retreat to my bike room and start riding the IDT at 7am, ride as long as I can ... Sort of a 'big day in' but not as crazy as that lot?

Downloading a few videos to watch and prepared a USB stick with music ... Planned 2 x a 160k Rouvy route to use.

#KillTheBoredom

Not much to do around the house and my wife's starting to get irritated (ok more so than normal) with me so decided to give her a break and get away from her for as long as I can tomorrow ...

Plan is to retreat to my bike room and start riding the IDT at 7am, ride as long as I can ... Sort of a 'big day in' but not as crazy as that lot?

Downloading a few videos to watch and prepared a USB stick with music ... Planned 2 x a 160k Rouvy route to use.

#KillTheBoredom

Joh! She must be really irritated with you [emoji1]

#KillTheBoredom

If she is the one that is irritated, maybe she needs to get on the IDT a bit and blow off some steam.

Disclaimer: I do not advise you to actually say that to her.

If she is the one that is irritated, maybe she needs to get on the IDT a bit and blow off some steam.

Disclaimer: I do not advise you to actually say that to her.

Ha!

I said that to my wife in week one and she rides the IDT every day!

Mine has temporarily confiscated my musical instruments... Apparently 5 weeks of walking around the house giving everything a soundtrack or narration with dramatic strumming is annoying.... who woulda thunk it?!

Ha!

I said that to my wife in week one and she rides the IDT every day!

Mine has temporarily confiscated my musical instruments... Apparently 5 weeks of walking around the house giving everything a soundtrack or narration with dramatic strumming is annoying.... who woulda thunk it?!

but.... why?!

drum roll for the walk to the dishes, high hat for a lekker dad-joke, cowbell for... something, violin for when you're complaining...