Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

I am sure that applies to most of us on here re our cycling abilities as well, and currently no pro has won more races than me the last 3 months  :whistling:  

I think of myself as a tri try athlete. When I put my shoes on I am THE DON.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ha!

Did you see a bunch of surf shops offering full sponsorship to all surfers to make them pro so they could bypass the rules?! hahaha

There are some going free and some getting nabbed. It's a bit random.

One paddy wagon just left with 4 boards and 4 surfers in....

Yip LOL

I own some business... I always wondered if I could sponsor myself. Full sponsorship. Kit, entries, travel AND pay myself a salary.... Full factory pro.

So Toooony (capediver) was at Tokai and Muizenberg now.

He went to the gate at tokai and the lady there said they are taking care of some compliance issues and then after that it will be a go. It won't open immediately but definitely in this level 3 window.

Then he rode to Muizenberg and there's 1 cop van and 3 cops floating around the beach. He spoke to the guy who looked in charge and their take is the beaches are closed and therefore surfing is a no. But they aren't arresting anyone. Just fining a few unlucky okes who time it badly. He aid 2 okes were arrested earlier but they basically got their timing wrong and probably back chatted the cop.

You can kind of understand. They don't want busloads of people crowding on to the beaches. 

So Toooony (capediver) was at Tokai and Muizenberg now.

He went to the gate at tokai and the lady there said they are taking care of some compliance issues and then after that it will be a go. It won't open immediately but definitely in this level 3 window.

Then he rode to Muizenberg and there's 1 cop van and 3 cops floating around the beach. He spoke to the guy who looked in charge and their take is the beaches are closed and therefore surfing is a no. But they aren't arresting anyone. Just fining a few unlucky okes who time it badly. He aid 2 okes were arrested earlier but they basically got their timing wrong and probably back chatted the cop.

You can kind of understand. They don't want busloads of people crowding on to the beaches.

Yip to all of the above cops at Muizenberg will chilled and sympathetic but be warned, they got a boss and will carry out their duty if they need to...the whole situation is ridiculous and for now, all is calm and guys are getting great waves , running back to their cars and heading home, Kalk Bay strip is open no sit down but coffee to go is alive...great day to be out

I see Anniemiek vV, current women's world champ, is starting a 400 km ride today.

One day when I'm big.

Indoors?

Surfers at Big Bay this morning. Apparently there were lots of surfers in the water this a.m. I am pretty sure the law enforcement has been having a field day once they came back in again.

post-103677-0-37014800-1591006611_thumb.jpg

post-103677-0-06305300-1591006620_thumb.jpg

Surfers at Big Bay this morning. Apparently there were lots of surfers in the water this a.m. I am pretty sure the law enforcement has been having a field day once they came back in again.

attachicon.gifPic1.jpg

attachicon.gifPic2.jpg

Maybe those surfers should just lock the cops in their vans and set them alight like some other sections of the population do during the peaceful protests? They will get off lighter than being caught surfing...

I've just been down to the local 'kasi' to drop some tools off for a friend to fix his door...

Good thing they didn't open the bottle stores today otherwise everyone would be sitting around in the sun in groups, swigging from quart bottles, 'zoling' and getting drunk.

Viva.... :thumbup:

Overheard in the Muizenberg Squad Room this morning.

Ok boys. People are allowed to buy booze from today so we should really be having RBT's tonight but let's rather roll down to the beach and bully some lighties on their surfboards coz that's far easier than doing.... You know. Our JOB!

Yip to all of the above cops at Muizenberg will chilled and sympathetic but be warned, they got a boss and will carry out their duty if they need to...the whole situation is ridiculous and for now, all is calm and guys are getting great waves , running back to their cars and heading home, Kalk Bay strip is open no sit down but coffee to go is alive...great day to be out

coffee to go has been operating all over the place since level 4. I'm not sure how that worked?

I was also out along the beachfront hobbling around with the wife and baba for a lot of today.

Saw a van with 4 surfers+boards get carted off but after that just friendly warnings to everyone that if the boss or other superiors come down there ARE consequences.

When I left about an hour ago there were still between 50 and 100 people in the water, people walking on the beach past the Sunrise life saving club, swimmers etc... All looked very peaceful, social distanced and, well, what it should be.

We will see what happens tonight. As far as Mayor Dan Plato is concerned, the beaches should be opened. He managed to 'win' that point about the free use TMNP (and hopefully Tokai) which will be absolutely amazing.

Idiot Jewie just happened to smash his foot up last night which is giving him some mobility issues....

I was also out along the beachfront hobbling around with the wife and baba for a lot of today.

Saw a van with 4 surfers+boards get carted off but after that just friendly warnings to everyone that if the boss or other superiors come down there ARE consequences.

When I left about an hour ago there were still between 50 and 100 people in the water, people walking on the beach past the Sunrise life saving club, swimmers etc... All looked very peaceful, social distanced and, well, what it should be.

We will see what happens tonight. As far as Mayor Dan Plato is concerned, the beaches should be opened. He managed to 'win' that point about the free use TMNP (and hopefully Tokai) which will be absolutely amazing.

Idiot Jewie just happened to smash his foot up last night which is giving him some mobility issues....

Why can’t one of the surfers just wear a white collar and claim people are being baptized. Extra points if his name is John.

Why can’t one of the surfers just wear a white collar and claim people are being baptized. Extra points if his name is John.

Well, now that you mention it, surfers do walk on H2O, don't they........... :ph34r: