Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

I'm not sure I follow the bold bit.

If I'm riding alone, where is the risk ? Or are you referring to injury risk ?

Yes. At a time where the medical system may not be able to accommodate you. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In UK my stepson has Corona he has fever,BP up and resting heartrate.Slight cough.

Full lockdown if they find you outside you get arrested .You can only go to shop for food or those who can still go to the Office.

Wonder If Rampokker going that way tnght??

UK is not under full lockdown. People are out going about shopping at markets, going to the park like nothing's wrong.

Ouzo, I know that the risk in minimal if you ride alone and you are careful. But the risk is still there. Given the situation worldwide we in South Africa cannot afford to take unnecessary risks. The health system is lacking as it is right now plus the issues with load shedding plus the issues with water cuts which, in Fourways, we have at least once a week. Ok, I'm bringing unrelated issues to the discussion but at the end everything compounds to levels where it will be very difficult to health professionals to turn this crisis around.

All of which is valid but don’t underestimate the mental health aspect here. Confinement can be a real bitch as can losing hope.

As usual I think a balance is required. As much lock down as possible, as little “other” as necessary.

I'm not sure I follow the bold bit.

If I'm riding alone, where is the risk ? Or are you referring to injury risk ?

All of which is valid but don’t underestimate the mental health aspect here. Confinement can be a real bitch as can losing hope.

As usual I think a balance is required. As much lock down as possible, as little “other” as necessary.

I have to agree confinement sucks. I really would love to go for a ride. I need it.

Ouzo, it may be just me not wanting to take any risks. Could be either having a crash, a car knocking me down or somehow just getting the virus. I rather be safe now than sorry later. But that's just me.

I have to agree confinement sucks. I really would love to go for a ride. I need it.

Ouzo, it may be just me not wanting to take any risks. Could be either having a crash, a car knocking me down or somehow just getting the virus. I rather be safe now than sorry later. But that's just me.

sure, understandable, most of us are trying to figure this out as we go along based on the information we have. Its uncharted territory.

i understand the injury risk, was just making sure I'm not missing something wrt the infection risk.

I have a feeling we won't have a choice, pretty shortly.... 

Agreed, there are reports of the army being deployed at various spots around Joburg - tonight's announcement is going to be interesting.

I think initially they will start with military in high risk areas and forcing a shutdown of non essential businesses.

For those looking to go indoors don't bother with RGT. I've just tried it and it's total balls. Just pay the $12 and do Rouvy or $15 for Zwift.

BTW with Rouvy you get 3 users for $12 so if you are a family or you have 2 like minded mates that's the go.

How bad are things that you have taken up jogging? Thoughts and prayers!

Jogging cause of the weather. Cycling when wet and below freezing is asking for k@k.