Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

INdoor trainer      Check

Tamiya Model F1 cars in 1/20th scale ........check

Model airplane kits......................check

glue.............check

paint and covering......... may need an emergency trip to the hobbyshop Tomorrow.

Bathroom paint              check

Roof paint..................check

Roof valley repair material..................trip to builders on Wednesday

A dash of work here and there so HR remembers to pay me

Think I'm sorted for three weeks.......we'll get through this.

I'm more concerned about my 6 yr old daughter who is very playful and outdoors focussed

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swissvan en eddy ek dink julle moet kalmeer. You guys are clearly loving the keyboard tonight. You missing the point. Alone. Up in the mountain. How is that not distancing yourself from a social setup. So eddy if i was planning on organising a skelm braai. Sure then you have a point. Besides. We dont know yet if cycling alone is part of the lockdown.

The instruction is no longer to distance yourself, it is to stay home!

Anyone know of any good specials for a speed sensor that will work with Garmin.

Some place I can get it before COB Thursday.

Swissvan en eddy ek dink julle moet kalmeer. You guys are clearly loving the keyboard tonight. You missing the point. Alone. Up in the mountain. How is that not distancing yourself from a social setup. So eddy if i was planning on organising a skelm braai. Sure then you have a point. Besides. We dont know yet if cycling alone is part of the lockdown.

It’s not just about you, alone up in da mountain

You will need permission to leave your home during the lockdown

Watch the video from 1:00

https://youtu.be/cq6g8pJ9FnU

Surely you understand what lockdown means? It's quite simple, stay at home. Only leave home to buy essentials. As I pointed out elsewhere, cycle to the shops.

Anyone know of any good specials for a speed sensor that will work with Garmin.

Some place I can get it before COB Thursday.

There is this incredible thing called online shopping... You don't have to run around like a blue arse for to get what you need before lockdown

There is this incredible thing called online shopping... You don't have to run around like a blue arse for to get what you need before lockdown

Ur assuming anything is immediately available and said place will have it to you by Thursday?

You are allowed to go to the pharmacy. Please stock up on condoms.

You should not be allowed to procreate and raise ignorant, selfish replications of yourself.

There is no more "distancing yourself from a social setup" there is now stay at home and don't leave it unless it is to buy food, fuel, medicine or go to hospital.

And no, taking a lekker long detour down to the shops via the mountain is neither legal nor moral. Yes, you may not be caught but it is still a against the spirit and letter of the law. Again, it is that attitude that has made this necessary.

You are the problem.

Edited by eddy

Just a question, how are we going to get heard immunity with the lock-down? I thought 50 to 60% need to get infected first.

Or are we going to stay in lock-down until a vaccine is found. My thoughts are after 21 days the cycle can repeat itself if we go back to life as normal.

Or am I missing something.

So there I was cruising up Main Rd @ 35km/h with a lekker South Easter tailwind, when a car turns in front of me and I go skidding and tumbling awkwardly over the bonnet.  :cursing:

Out jumps the driver - super apologetic and in quite a flap. After I calmed down and she stopped panicking, it turns out that she is a nurse in the cancer ward @ Groote Schuur. She looks me over and says something along the lines of 'be glad that I don't need to go to hospital and try my best to look after my scrapes at home'.

Basically, her message was stay away from hospitals...

Do you have a spare room? 

I don't think I will have a problem with the law. One of the perks of being a farm manager is I can cycle on the farm. Only myself and the boss cycle here.