Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Wrong that is your property. Home refers to the building on your property:

A home, or domicile, is a living space used as a permanent or semi-permanent residence for an individual, family, household or several families in a tribe. It is often a house, apartment, or other building, or alternatively a mobile home, houseboat, yurt or any other portable shelter

That is called House by most people. I have a House that is on a piece of land and together most people call it Home

Why are you so argumentative. People are allowed to move around inside their property. That is logic.

Logic should also prevail when it comes to a complex, you can not now go hang out together play rugby and cricket and then all 35 take up 35 hospital beds. That is stupid.

But I can mow the lawn as I am not close to anyone else. (besides I have 9ft walls) 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Usual week day is up at 4 and out the door 4.20am on the bike, the thought of doing this on the IDT so early is not on so I will have to adjust and see what time works.

Have you ever tried an online race Scotty??

The time has come

[insert jaws theme music]

That is not sticking to regulations. It states that you are not allowed to leave your house except for certain things, cycling is not 1 of those things.

There is nobody near my house or property and if there is someone he is trespassing. I also have to check on water and valves so I have to move around. And, here is the problem, we are still busy harvesting so the farmworkers and I will have contact on a daily basis. When I go to train they are long gone. Next problem we have is crime, riding my bike around the farm is also a way to better security.

Edited by Breezer

Any good cycling apps for indoors? Downloaded CycleGo but they only have one basic ride and then the rest are subscription based.

This is one reason why I'm not going walking anytime soon. I have a tiny little property - snug 'n warm in winter - a fan - my kickr core and my old SD monitor hooked to my laptop, the greatest music of the last 1000 years on a hifi I've pieced together and evolved over decades, the lump of grief I feel in my throat and the knot of anxiety in my chest.

You must be new here. Welcome to the Hub Myles.

but seriously, they walk among us...

Went for a ride through the city this morning as there are less people there than the parks.

It is like a scene out of Zombieland.

Lloyds, center of the insurance universe:

The park behind Westminster:

90770125_1091101057907254_40190037458776

Trafalgar Square:

90592607_1091100997907260_79252961682448

It was eye opening to see.

My commute home from Fleet St used to take me past those 2 places... Never was there a time that they were like that, even in the dead of the night. 

My commute home from Fleet St used to take me past those 2 places... Never was there a time that they were like that, even in the dead of the night. 

If I counted 100 people in the entire city this morning that would have been a lot. Most were construction workers. 

Edit: The only two people outside the Palace were two cops.

Blackfriars station:

90784069_1091148991235794_10435438488122

The Mall, this is usually full of cars.

90783051_1091149051235788_27175956999055

Edited by Patchelicious

Zwift now works with Ant+. You just need an Ant+ dongle and dont need to convert to BLE.

I am wanting to run it via Apple TV.

Sorry I'm jumping in sideways here, and haven't had a chance to read all the posts and threads re COVID19.

Question - what is the deal with leaving your house to exercise, either alone or with someone from your household ? Allowed or not allowed ? 

Sorry I'm jumping in sideways here, and haven't had a chance to read all the posts and threads re COVID19.

Question - what is the deal with leaving your house to exercise, either alone or with someone from your household ? Allowed or not allowed ? 

From Friday at 00:01 yet to be determined. Hoping to be allowed out, but planning for no ability to go out to exercise. 

In the UK you're allowed to ride / run etc but only in a max group of 2. 

It depends where you are.