CWC Lockdown SALE!

CWC Online

Okes struggle to understand 'essential' services.

Lockdown hasn't ended, they have just opened up a few sectors of industry and allowed those caught away from home/work to get back.

The 'funerals' part of everything annoys me. Why are south africans so obsessed with funerals? 

Anyway, back to the topic at hand... No deliveries until general e-commerce resumes. It's simpe.

Why that isn't now is beyond me, but then maybe it's to stop everyone spending all their money on *** they don't need.....

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okes struggle to understand 'essential' services.

Lockdown hasn't ended, they have just opened up a few sectors of industry and allowed those caught away from home/work to get back.

The 'funerals' part of everything annoys me. Why are south africans so obsessed with funerals? 

Anyway, back to the topic at hand... No deliveries until general e-commerce resumes. It's simpe.

Why that isn't now is beyond me, but then maybe it's to stop everyone spending all their money on *** they don't need.....

Don't know... we need people to spend their money to keep the economy going, and I don't really see how e-commerce running is worse than allowing food delivery but hey, I'm not making the rules. Just hope I'm going to get my order sooner than later :D

With logistics services being operational, you would think that CWC would be able to get special permision for limited staff to process their online orders. 

Yes and before you let me have it, I am one of those that is waiting for a …. load of stuff that I ordered from them.

<snio> 

this.

it was apparently mentioned at one of the government interaction sessions

Any other way to contact CWC? I sent out an email last Tuesday and I'm still waiting for a response.

What I will add is that they are not the only ones seemingly reluctant to respond to comms.

I've mailed at least 5 stores about different things and none have responded. (after a week in some cases), while many of their sites are appealing for support of local business. :(

I did get a quick response by using "Contact us" on the website. I think most stores are swamped with emails for issues that is normally just resolved via phone calls or walk-in. It does seem like there is a bit more normality today and more stores/companies is opening up again.

R400 to courier my Kick Core once it is legal to do so...

What I will add is that they are not the only ones seemingly reluctant to respond to comms.
I've mailed at least 5 stores about different things and none have responded. (after a week in some cases), while many of their sites are appealing for support of local business. :(

R180 to courier my workshop stand.

Only 'small' parcels over R1000 gets free shipping.

I did get a quick response by using "Contact us" on the website. I think most stores are swamped with emails for issues that is normally just resolved via phone calls or walk-in. It does seem like there is a bit more normality today and more stores/companies is opening up again.

R400 to courier my Kick Core once it is legal to do so...

Hi Graham

CWC sent me a letter telling me that your order is appreciated and they'll process it as soon as it is legal to do so.

They hope that'll be on level 3 but they don't know when that'll be or even if it will be on level 3.

Meanwhile, they tell you you scored a bargain as it will be more expensive when they open up again, so chin up.

Either way, if you got my letter, please tell me what they say.

Regards

E

Edited by eddy

Sitting with the same s^*t. Got a good deal on a new dale. And sealed the deal when lockdown was to be 3 weeks. Now i am also in this boat . I even arranged for couriers but bike needs to be dropped . But they cannot move bike out of shop. So now i wait...

Hi Graham

CWC sent me a letter telling me that your order is appreciated and they'll process it as soon as it is legal to do so.

They hope that'll be on level 3 but they don't know when that'll be or even if it will be on level 3.

Meanwhile, they tell you you scored a bargain as it will be more expensive when they open up again, so chin up.

Either way, if you got my letter, please tell me what they say.

Regards

E

I got Lauries letter and apparently he’s in for a wait but has done well to make a purchase in lockdown also saving a bucketload