Are bicycle shops open?

Shaik

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sports bag is "Essentials".

I'm sure some hippies have tried to list their essential oil infusion business as needing to open!

There is an "emergency herbalist" shop close to us, that is advertising that they are open.

There wasn't much substance to last night's speech, but there was a hint at a relaxation on retail and e-commerce - I hope that translates to distributors and bike shops being open to trade (even though many are doing it already...)

I'd be careful promoting your LBS as open on this public forum. Rather send a DM. AFAIK, they can operate under strict restrictions only. Very few of us actually qualify. (i.e. for commuters only).

The reason I say this is that there's a snitch on here who complained to the relevant cycling bodies about a rider riding more than 5km from his house. That type of person would probably report an LBS for selling him something too...

People really do become spiteful and petty in times of difficulty.

I'd be careful promoting your LBS as open on this public forum. Rather send a DM. AFAIK, they can operate under strict restrictions only. Very few of us actually qualify. (i.e. for commuters only).

The reason I say this is that there's a snitch on here who complained to the relevant cycling bodies about a rider riding more than 5km from his house. That type of person would probably report an LBS for selling him something too...

Fo'real?

go look at the names used in some of the published articles (edit: on n24 about ignorant cyclists).

They lurk these forums.... I have the PM's to prove it lol.

i wont be surprised if there really is a rat on here

edit 2:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: haha.

Not worth it

post-64325-0-83472200-1589453729_thumb.png

Edited by morneS555

You must check my complex, I am not surprised. They will report you and still bake cookies for you the next day... Very weird. 

I trust you still accepted the cookies!

Just one ....

Now WHY would they need a snitch ... MANY people are boasting openly about braking the rules.  Only have yourself to blame if you want to brag (on the Hub or on your Strava) about being a rebel ....

Fo'real?

Afraid so. Perhaps the result of a personal spat/grudge but despicable behaviour nonetheless.

Afraid so. Perhaps the result of a personal spat/grudge but despicable behaviour nonetheless.

So if someone has been riding since day 1 of lockdown and still is, is that acceptable behavior?

I think I know what you are talking about, and if i am right then that person should have been reported in my view.

So if someone has been riding since day 1 of lockdown and still is, is that acceptable behavior?

I think I know what you are talking about, and if i am right then that person should have been reported in my view.

No. Probably a different person. Has only been riding since level 4, between 6 and 9. Just a bit further from home, like 90% of cyclists.

No. Probably a different person. Has only been riding since level 4, between 6 and 9. Just a bit further from home, like 90% of cyclists.

How much furthur? 1or 100km ?