Are cyclist just too superior to keep their masks/buffs on

Stefalbertyn

again logic needs to be put in school curriculum...

I also see no issue with masks, I smashed my 10km pb on sunday with a mask on and hr within normal maximum effort range. That was a 2 layer mask with a filter between the 2 layers. No discomfort or waterboarding feeling.

Okes work manual labour underground in stupid temperatures with masks on fine, I haven't seen guys posting WHO public notices on that?

I think all those races who gave buffs away as part of race packs should be sued for all the people that they have murdered. 

Edited by Patchelicious

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bickering over semantics and grammar detracts from the common goal and how we can realistically make peace with that.

This^^^

I've honestly given up long ago already, as it usually ends up having to type out a goddamn essay in response to that.

I just glance over most posts, especially the high horse ones, and 90% of the time delete a post before I've even typed out half of it.

also SA social media:

cultivated fruit is a result of colonialism and white monopoly capital built on the back of slave labour. Nationalise the fruit industry. Appropriate it without compensation. #givebackthefruit 

have you heard about the Mandela fruit?

it's a hybrid between Mangoes and granadillas and is rich in Vitamins ANC.

(i thought this joke was hilarious when I was 10 and madiba was walking free)

Edited by BikeHub Plus

I didn't gooi my boffie on the entire ride yesterday for 2.5 hrs as I was never within 5 metres of any other soul, except cars passing me at high speed.

Logika, Bru.

attachicon.gifIMG_7994-1.jpg

trying to work out what your top says without the folds.

MAGA?

You unwittingly highlight a very real trend here. Why does it always have to be binary- positive or negative? There is actually middle ground and not everything has to be a polarising yes or no.

Just because i disagree with you slightly you think I'm being negative?

In case you missed it, I agreed with your ideals but said it was unrealistic to expect it to happen on the ground here. The road from violent service delivery protests to kumbaya does start with a single step, and we do need to take it.

Cool. Your post didn't mention taking the first step so I assumed (yep that word) that the first step wasn't something you wanted to take.

You clarified - we're all good.

As a South African I used to think empathy was reserved for hippies and weirdos but it has been an eye opener living in the Danish world of empathy. No hooting, no road rage, not bike path rage, no rape/corrective rape, no gay bashing, no bar fights, no "are you checking my girl china", hell the dogs don't even bark here. It was a little unsettling at first but wow it is pretty cool.

Now if global warming could do something about the winters here that would be great.

No hooting, no road rage, not bike path rage, no rape/corrective rape, no gay bashing, no bar fights, no "are you checking my girl china", hell the dogs don't even bark here. It was a little unsettling at first but wow it is pretty cool.

You don't know of companies over there that are recruiting Engineers by any chance....? :whistling:

Cool. Your post didn't mention taking the first step so I assumed (yep that word) that the first step wasn't something you wanted to take.

You clarified - we're all good.

As a South African I used to think empathy was reserved for hippies and weirdos but it has been an eye opener living in the Danish world of empathy. No hooting, no road rage, not bike path rage, no rape/corrective rape, no gay bashing, no bar fights, no "are you checking my girl china", hell the dogs don't even bark here. It was a little unsettling at first but wow it is pretty cool.

Now if global warming could do something about the winters here that would be great.

no problems, I wasn't trying to start a barny. I think I'm also guilty of jumping in too quickly even though I'm really trying hard not to.

I'm just miffed no one picked up my Zuma reference. 

You don't know of companies over there that are recruiting Engineers by any chance....? :whistling:

would working for "DONG" be an issue?

I am an engineer and couldn't get a job here. Danish is tough and metallurgical engineering isn't a big market here. I had to open a bike shop :-)

would working for "DONG" be an issue?

Dong is gone. It's Ørsted now. Much harder to pronounce!

no problems, I wasn't trying to start a barny. I think I'm also guilty of jumping in too quickly even though I'm really trying hard not to.

I'm just miffed no one picked up my Zuma reference. 

Aren't we alll??

The Zuma reference youøre gonna have to explain to me - it Zuma'd right over my head!

The market for engineers in Northern Europe is oversaturated. Better off driving a dump truck or being an environmental activist

I really reckon the way forward in these first world countries is a trade of some sorts. Bloke I know in the UK had a dry wall shower put in (not exactly sure what that is) and the woodworker was a Marketer from cape town. 

If/when I have children, I would never prohibit them from learning to make things with their hands and fixing things. The world has too many 'business men/women', and not nearly enough to get their hands dirty. That is where the money is at.

I really reckon the way forward in these first world countries is a trade of some sorts. Bloke I know in the UK had a dry wall shower put in (not exactly sure what that is) and the woodworker was a Marketer from cape town. 

If/when I have children, I would never prohibit them from learning to make things with their hands and fixing things. The world has too many 'business men/women', and not nearly enough to get their hands dirty. That is where the money is at.

Exactly this.

The more "advanced" the country the higher "basic" skills get valued. The issue is that unless you have an EU passport a basic trade won't get you into the country - gotta have certified skills to make the points...