Lance Armstrong - the "Pablo Escobar" of cycling . . . .

Bonus

I dunno, that's She's a whole bunch of alright

corrected because we don't need the feminists fighting for extreme left here

totally!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Celebrity culture is toxic for all involved. Believing that the best in the sport are somehow superhuman is what keeps the rest of us plebs mediocre. Everything has a price. Lance paid a very high price for his success flew too close the sun and came crashing back to earth. I for one don't need to win **** to enjoy myself. Competitive sports only makes sense to me when it open up the playing field. I compete to experience new stuff. If that's what drives you then winning is incidental. The athletes I admire are the ones who love the sport even when they're losing. I guess that's why I'm a mid pack finisher but whatever sometimes finishing with your friends is better than winning alone.

Believing that the best in the sport are somehow superhuman is what keeps the rest of us plebs mediocre. 

I'm sorry but you are 100% completely wrong. I could have all the best equipment, the best coaching, the best nutrition, the best training plan and I'd still be a mediocre cyclist. Training can make you better but physiology plays a massive role.

I always think something fun to watch would be an event with only dopers, the drama, aggression and over-the-top self-esteem will be far more binge worthy watching than that guy with his pet tigers

I'm sorry but you are 100% completely wrong. I could have all the best equipment, the best coaching, the best nutrition, the best training plan and I'd still be a mediocre cyclist. Training can make you better but physiology plays a massive role.

And preparation is simply part of training.

I always think something fun to watch would be an event with only dopers, the drama, aggression and over-the-top self-esteem will be far more binge worthy watching than that guy with his pet tigers

So, you've never watched any pro sport?

LA doped, yes we know that, but he beat all the other dopers. Back then, everyone was taking drugs, but LA seemed to take the fall for everyone else.

Bjarni Riis admited to doping. He was not stripped of his title.

Jan Ulrich was caught for doping. He was not stripped of his title.

Marco Pantani was serving a ban for drug use. He was not stripped of his title. In fact he died a hero.

the problem is firstly doping is not a level playing field, the drugs enhance different clean athletes differently and secondly he was a d005 about it, and burnt too many bridges along the way. I dunno if he ever would have been caught if Floyd hadn't pursued him.

He'd be like indurain who one 5 in a row in the EPO era and is not even on your list of famous dopers above.