Critérium du Dauphiné 2020

Vetplant

This was debated but when you see how they ride a bike and what they do on them from a handling point I would say no. It is a total extension of their body. For example the day Formolo won I was the follow car, he hit 120km/h down the Madeleine and came into a left hander and his rear pushed and bounced a good amount. He simply corrected and went on. It was a pucker moment for myself and the mechanic and he said it was wild when we spoke. No concern. 

The racing at Dauphine was insane the stages were incredibly hard. Everyone was not heir limit daily and with that mistakes happen.

if I hit 120 on a bicycle all the guys behind would fall off due to the mudslide I'd be making - yes gross image

John when you send my new bike is it ok if I max out at 80 where I'm pretty terrified already?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see you on TV during a big race. I will tell my wife, I TALK TO THAT DUDE ALMOST EVERYDAY. 

My claim to "knowing"John was an invite from a friend to ride our bikes in Cape Town, during the long weekend of August 2012.

Even met a new to cycling Dr Mike Posthumus, he was a big lad, powerful legs.

I was properly schooled that day, always last wheel or even few bikes of the bunch!

The coffee stop had the best date muffin I ever had.

the bike only handles from 85 so you need to pucker up mate.

A set of Soft's should ease that into the corners nicely

That day must have been insane. It looked like 5 days of flat out, balls deep flexing.

You must be stoked to see the Pgfather getting stronger (or less fatigued) over the week.

Formolo looked so smooth when he broke. That guy is showing some decent form after getting 2nd at Strade Bianche.

UAE hopefully peaking at the right time and avoiding too many crashes. Bora and Jumbo have a few questions over their squads suddenly after the weekend!

It was really flat out no one was happy at the end of the day but we changed some tactics and it came right at the end. 

Happy for Tadej and Formolo but for the team in general considering who was flying in the 1st 2 days was at the back or out the race in the last 2. 

Lets see what happens over the next 21 days. 

That is Pogacar's bike. 

What is the correct pronunciation of his name?

I dislike it when people (read: journalists) can't get a person's name pronounced right. It's their job (the journalists) after all.

Some examples:

• Knee-Barley, when it's Nee-Bah-Lee (Nibali)
  • Bee-an-chee, when its Bee-un-key (Bianchi)
Edited by Frosty

I dislike it when people (read: journalists) can't get a person's name pronounced right. It's their job (the journalists) after all.

Some examples:

What's quite bad is most of them have been around pro cycling for long enough to get it right Edited by Gen

Some examples:

They should eat in more Italian restaurants

What's quite bad is most of them have been around cycling for long enough to get it right

It’s not only in Cycling, and the Poms are the worst.

Another couple come to mind:

Not Wow’t van Aert

It’s Woe’t van Aert

Tom Bow-nen

It’s Tom Bo-er-nen

A lot of languages are phonetically-based, and knowing each one can be difficult. But those in the know should know better.

Not Wow’t van Aert

It’s Woe’t van Aert

Tom Bow-nen

It’s Tom Bo-er-nen

A lot of languages are phonetically-based, and knowing each one can be difficult. But those in the know should know better.

Agreed...its their job..just find out and practice.

There is this [emoji460]️ commentator (Pom) that commentates on Serie A games..a simple thing Lazio..not hard hey.. but every time he says Lazia and Szczęsny. he calls him Sir Chesny ....I swear he does it just to irritate me.

[emoji849]

This just reminds me of the 12th man tapes and the piss poor pronunciation of the sri lankans... hahaha

I know what I am going to be listening to the next couple of days. Thanks fellas

Not Wow’t van Aert

It’s Woe’t van Aert

Tom Bow-nen

It’s Tom Bo-er-nen

eeerrhmmm no.

Tom Boonen pronounced Tom BO^nen where the O^ is sharper than an OU or like the Bow in crossbow. OO sound in dutch is like a capital O in English

Wout van Aert

Wout is Wowt

Van Aert is little difficult because you kinda swallow the "A" then spit out the ert. Imagine a pirate saying Arrrrrgh shiver me timbers then think of Aert as Arrrrt shiver me timbers

This just reminds me of the 12th man tapes and the piss poor pronunciation of the sri lankans... hahaha

I know what I am going to be listening to the next couple of days. Thanks fellas

That why most commentators called him Murali, as they could say Muralitharan - myear-li-da-rin