Pure Savage

Apart from the heat, the wind prediction is starting to look great!!

post-119556-0-13503500-1605860183_thumb.jpeg

Ride forecast for 21 Nov 2020 06:15:

Temperature: 15 °C to 35 °C, feels like 15°C to 35 °C
Wind: 5 to 20 km/h, with gusts up to 30 km/h
Probability of precipitation: 0%

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awfully quiet in here.. pre race jitters?

Tomorrow beers at 19:00 @ The Republic!

Some peeps probably travelling ... expect the chat will pick up a bit once in Swellies.

That temp!! Ouch!!

Early starters will probably be ok, but it's looking like a long slog in the aft.

Race food: Those Cadence salted choc bars, bananas at the stop, gels for last 65km. 

I would cut it even finer.A Bar One and a coke 20ks from home does the trick on any long race especially on an empty tummy.Its like lighting a rocket

Someone is keen about tomorrow. He's doing sprints up and down our street

Might just be the start of his training

10hrs in the saddle today, mechanicals, bee stings aside, the 40km headwind from ODT to Montagu felt like 100km, no words to express discomfort i this section. Even the neutral zone was terrible! Turning at the circle at Robertson totally uplifted team spirits, managed to get 8 over the line. Brutal day out!

10hrs in the saddle today, mechanicals, bee stings aside, the 40km headwind from ODT to Montagu felt like 100km, no words to express discomfort i this section. Even the neutral zone was terrible! Turning at the circle at Robertson totally uplifted team spirits, managed to get 8 over the line. Brutal day out!

Feel your pain, got stung in the ear......

there were lots of casualties, think few teams pulled out completely...  the earlier  teams says they had no wind, just bit after ashton till turn downwind.,

Feel your pain, got stung in the ear......

there were lots of casualties, think few teams pulled out completely... the earlier teams says they had no wind, just bit after ashton till turn downwind.,

We had a little bit of a headwind at some point but worked together through it in single file, but the wind definitely picked up throughout the day and when we drove out of Swellendam we could see all the poor guys hurting on the three sisters in the heat, and the trees were moving a lot. Must have been a horrible day for some

We got lucky with mechanicals (only one puncture, but luckily it was me the only tubeless guy and it eventually sealed after spraying my bike and lets with sealant for 1km), and a couple times chains jumped off the small blade but nothing that had us stop. Unfortunately one of our guys had to pull out at the top of Tradouw because of back pain... finished 7 on the line, 8 and 9 a couple mins behind. Not bad for a team made up from the noticeboard, we only met the friday before the race.

Edited by Jbr

We came in 9 with 3 ladies and 6 gents finishing. Lost one to cramps and we had a few minor mechanicals. Mostly we were under cooked going in. 7:07

The headwind into Robertson had us travelling at 25km/hr at times.

garmin recorded at 40degree temp too!

I polished off 4.5L of drinks on the bike and another 1.5L at the stops.

Bring on 2021

Now that the event is officially going ahead, think a 2020 thread is appropriate!

Going to be interesting seeing the vibe at the race this year.

A few less teams, smaller teams, no picnics and fastest starting first.

Now to get some new threads made in time :)

fav s.JPG

Awesome results Savage ???????? Well done.