Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Plentipotential said:

Watching the last km and Sagan likes to use the shoulders to move riders out of the way. ???? live by the sword…

Am sorry but this has to be said. Will always come a day where someone wont take it and this is what happens. Hope Ewan's ok they say he on his feet. 

8 minutes ago, Plentipotential said:

Watching the last km and Sagan likes to use the shoulders to move riders out of the way. ???? live by the sword…

6 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Am sorry but this has to be said. Will always come a day where someone wont take it and this is what happens. Hope Ewan's ok they say he on his feet. 

I'm not an expert, and don't know all the rules, but I think shoulder to shoulder contact is legal, and somewhat normal when fighting for wheels. Sagan isn't the only one bumping around in sprints. What is illegal is headbutting, which Caleb has been guilty of more than once. 

But the Caleb-Sagan crash looked like it was caused by Caleb putting his front wheel on the wrong side of Merlier's back wheel, touching Merlier's wheel and loosing his front wheel and then crashing into Sagan. I really don't think there was any fowl play. 

Edited by Mountain Bru

15 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Ewan almost slid more on his back than he cycled all day! Eina. Poor oke must be so sore.

At least Sagan had a cushion ????

7 minutes ago, Plentipotential said:

Violent crash but when there was seemingly little contact, or rather, little between Sagand and Ewan.

Not sure if Ewan just touched a wheel in front of him.?

Carapaz does well to avoid Ewans switching in the run up to the last few hundred metres. Sagan uses his shoulders to create some space as riders are dropping out to not contest the sprint. Ewan tries to go inside Sagan and leans too heavily on Merliers back wheel. There's only one way that ends

31 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Not sure thats really the "worst thing" after watching the carnage of the last 10km

Ja half joking.. But if their tires worked a little better maybe every man and his dog wouldn't be tipping over. 

I thought the Giro had a lot of crashes but this is truly outrageous. 

26 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Violent crash but when there was seemingly little contact, or rather, little between Sagand and Ewan.

Not sure if Ewan just touched a wheel in front of him.?

It was weird. It's like he over compensated or maybe touched wheels, slipped even. For once I don't blame Sagz, even after knocking his way through ten okes