Tour de France 2021

gummibear

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

If we recall from 2020, WvA was climbing better a lot of "climbers". Long turns on the front that broke the traditional climbers was lauded as a phenmenal talent. So what separates him from taking that all the way to the top? is it just a few kilo of weight? Is it a different focus on interval duration instead focussing more on 1hour power rather than 2sec through to 8min or 20min power? How long would it take to improve those abilities to be a GC contender?

The trick is to lose some of the weight and retain the same (or increase) the power output.

(Speaking of Hunter, a pure sprinter, sure. I remember when he was riding for Mapei and he came back here to ride the Jock. He made our "climbers" look like a girls u/12 netball team on bicycles the way he left them for dead...Euro pro's are on a completely different planet)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly I’m a Sagan fan

if I never watched/knew cycling and I watched this TDF

MY QUESTION would be simple,

who is this Sagan person they speak of and we never see????????

sorry dale // Gen but yohhh????????

1 minute ago, Vetplant said:

I've got a sneaky suspicion WvA is in with a chance today. 

Cav or Sagan or WvA can take it and I will be very happy.

57 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Robbie used irony there..

not alloy or carbony, Irony

I remember the interview, there was a broader context and not quite irony. Especially going by the responses at the time.
It was in Ride Mag when Hunter won an award as SA Cyclist of the year after winning a stage of the Tour de France. There was controversy because Greg Minnaar had been overlooked for the award and he'd won DH World Champs the same year. Many felt he should have received the recognition. 
The editor of Ride at the time was one of those who broached the topic, so the interview between him and Hunter was pretty tense. In one part Hunter takes him on and essentially challenges Minnaar to a bike off. 

That was a thing of beauty. From 30km out that was playing out and building and building. Absolutely brilliant. Morkov was outstanding such calm and vision to not only drop Cav' off but manipulate the rest of the contenders to gain an advantage. 

What a difference team belief makes! 

Yes Cav babaaaaaayyyyy...

I called this, has very little competition left with the other pure sprinters dropped out. And with that leadout, Wow.....

2 more to go Cav 2 more ..

Cav in all photos and interviews is either smiling, laughing or crying this tour. What's not to love. Chapeau, you're making the story of this tour. Sam B must be burying his head and wondering if he'll get a run on at all this season. 

Just the GOAT sprinter. No question.