99er Cycle Tour

bleedToWin

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should be cheap as chips now, they keep cancelling IM events. Okes going to go back to park runs

Every second wine farm is getting on the park run band wagon ....

In April 2019 I was fortunate enough to participate in the amateur Tour de Flanders. 16000 riders participated in the 4 distances of 229 and 174 and 139 and 74 km respectively . You determine your own starting time in a window of 2 hours , all riders for all distances rolling over the same start line and sharing the same ( narrow) route for quite a distance . I was amazed at how well it worked . But then , there were very few hardcore  South African cyclists riding ( and shouting “ keep left “ )  . I won’t forget the discipline and mutual respect I witnessed that day . 

Not all 15000 pay R600

cant see this event actually happening...the social logistics might be a step too far...skipping this year for other reasons but maybe deferring to late 2021 might be a better outcome...

flanders....i still need to do this event...

In April 2019 I was fortunate enough to participate in the amateur Tour de Flanders. 16000 riders participated in the 4 distances of 229 and 174 and 139 and 74 km respectively . You determine your own starting time in a window of 2 hours , all riders for all distances rolling over the same start line and sharing the same ( narrow) route for quite a distance . I was amazed at how well it worked . But then , there were very few hardcore  South African cyclists riding ( and shouting “ keep left “ )  . I won’t forget the discipline and mutual respect I witnessed that day . 

yeah by the looks of things, I'm only going to enter the events two weeks in advance to avoid bad surprises...

Busy entering the WPCA regionals and entered the Winelands, I already hope these will stick. Is Cyril scheduled to speak in the near future ?

yeah by the looks of things, I'm only going to enter the events two weeks in advance to avoid bad surprises...

Busy entering the WPCA regionals and entered the Winelands, I already hope these will stick. Is Cyril scheduled to speak in the near future ?

Was stil deciding if I'm doing Saturday and Sunday and if I'm making a family weekend, then the hammer dropped. Do you get your entry fee back?

This is frustrating. Feels like racing is such a safe outdoor activity.  :wacko:

Was stil deciding if I'm doing Saturday and Sunday and if I'm making a family weekend, then the hammer dropped. Do you get your entry fee back?

This is frustrating. Feels like racing is such a safe outdoor activity.  :wacko:

Luckily, as a french passport holder I couldn't complete my entry online for the regionals... so I had to submit it to Sue for her to do it manually. So I didn't pay anything and it now has been moved... I'll only ask her again when the new date is out.

But I did enter the winelands race, hopefully that one happens

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@ ADMIN. the new/or lack of events page on here sucks. These things are going under the radar if no one posts them.

anyway:

https://www.99er.co.za/index.php

12 Feb. early entries end 31 Jan or something.

some variety vs that wellington route everybody is using for events these days lol. Plus i can go ride past the spot i got bike jacked for the first time since haha.  

might take the wife and her friends around the 51km one though...they will die if they do a 100 now. 

99er22.jpg

Edited by MORNE