Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

3 hours ago, Ispeed_V said:

And to add the late for Church goers on Sunday mornings. Just as bad.

lol, I once told a couple pulling out of a church infront of me and then still swore at me, to turn around, go back inside and repent.

They were not amused.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ispeed_V said:

And to add the late for Church goers on Sunday mornings. Just as bad.

I saw first hand examples of this when the 94.7 route ran past the Rheema Church in Boskruin one year. 

Some of the congregation were stuck on the wrong side of the road closure.

• 3 weeks later...

What I find bizarre is cyclist/car altercations don't even make the news anymore.  I have a friend who is in hospital with life threating injuries and I've yet to see the incident make any of the local news outlets (Cape Town - Belville area) .

Admittedly, I'm very out of touch with the local news and could very well have missed any reports (and apologies up front if that is the case) - but from what I can see incidents like this are not even news worthy anymore. 

(If anyone knows of the incident and has any info on whether there has been any progress with the investigation please drop me a message.  It would be very much appreciated.  It's pretty sh1tty when you across the globe and your mate is hospital and there's nothing you can do to help).  

4 hours ago, Dubber said:

What I find bizarre is cyclist/car altercations don't even make the news anymore.  I have a friend who is in hospital with life threating injuries and I've yet to see the incident make any of the local news outlets (Cape Town - Belville area) .

Admittedly, I'm very out of touch with the local news and could very well have missed any reports (and apologies up front if that is the case) - but from what I can see incidents like this are not even news worthy anymore. 

(If anyone knows of the incident and has any info on whether there has been any progress with the investigation please drop me a message.  It would be very much appreciated.  It's pretty sh1tty when you across the globe and your mate is hospital and there's nothing you can do to help).  

Are you referring to the incident with Mike B?

On 8/12/2024 at 3:31 PM, splat said:

Rhenish is in Stellies.
Do you mean St Cyps ?

I think he means Reddam House

On 8/12/2024 at 6:16 PM, ChrisF said:

We need more of this self reflextion .... ONLY way we can grow ...

@Zebra post resonated today.  Many years ago I had an episode where I "lost it" ... the more I screemed and shouted the more the people in the taxi laughed ....

that day, okay after the red mist finally subsided, I made a promise to myself to never give them that level of satisfaction again.

once in a blue moon my defences suffer a lapse .... yea, I am human.  But mostly I am the one smiling when I manage to not play into their hand.

Indeed…. It takes a big man to admit he drives a Ford double cab!

59 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Indeed…. It takes a big man to admit he drives a Ford double cab!

Toyota manne praat oor jag en visvang. Isuzu manne praat oor rugby en braai . Amarok eienaars praat oor mans en modes . Landrover eienaars oor waar olie die goedkoopste is en Ford manne praat mekaar moed in

Edited by Prince Albert Cycles

2 hours ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Toyota manne praat oor jag en visvang. Isuzu manne praat oor rugby en braai . Amarok eienaars praat oor mans en modes . Landrover eienaars oor waar olie die goedkoopste is en Ford manne praat mekaar moed in

Jeep ouens praat oor die prys van petrol 

1 hour ago, DJR said:

Jeep ouens praat oor die prys van petrol 

Land Rover Ouens praat oor die prys van olie.... 

(Dam, I see this was already done)... 

Edited by Jewbacca

9 hours ago, Wannabe said:

Are you referring to the incident with Mike B?

yeah