Waking up

TNT1

My surname has 5 letters. When we chose names for our sons, all the names had to be 5 letters. First middle and last! So 3 boys and all their names have 5 letters each. Luckily there were plenty of 5 letter names we liked. My wife thinks there is something wrong with me. I can have the tv volume on 5, 15, 25 etc but otherwise it must be an even number. So no 3, 7, 9, 11 etc. If I sit in traffic and look at number plates I find myself adding the numbers in a certain way to get a nice round number. My shoe laces need to be laced in a mirror image. O and I no longer have side burns, could never get them the exact same length.

Sounds like you have CDO. It's OCD, but in the correct order :P

I'm similar with my car radio volume, although there are exceptions.

I like to make random acronyms from the number plate letters, whatever springs to mind.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do enjoy to hear about everyone's OCD, makes me feel less alone.

I also can't stand odd numbers on radio or TV volume, but 15 is allowed - I've given 15 round number status - maybe partially because I also played fullback in rugby.

Another thing I need to do is get dressed on the left side of each body part first.

Left foot also first up on the step and on each step with a support bar. :whistling:

I thought I was bad until I read some of the posts here! I'm the same when it comes to numbers, even or round... I hate when things are at weird angles - either 0, 45, or 90. I can't focus until my workspace is tidy and clutter free. Other than that I am pretty normal.

I thought I was bad until I read some of the posts here! I'm the same when it comes to numbers, even or round... I hate when things are at weird angles - either 0, 45, or 90. I can't focus until my workspace is tidy and clutter free. Other than that I am pretty normal.

When I buy a car I BEG them not too fit the number plates .... drives me insane when it is mounted off centre, or skew ....

With the Suzuki I got a 5 digit number .... on long plates .... drove down the road and got shorter plates and holders ....

Edited by ChrisF

Not sure I like the idea of my phone being close to my brain for a solid 8 hours..I know the science of still murky.... But I would avoid it personally.. Even having it on my bedside table isn't ideal

Airplane mode?

Up at 4.30 ....
Pronutro ....
Bit of time for the food to settle.
5.30 ride ....

We are a strange bunch !!

EDIT .... just NOTHING like the feeling of a solo early morning ride in the moon light .....

post-110956-0-29728200-1612002871_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChrisF

When I buy a car I BEG them not too fit the number plates .... drives me insane when it is mounted off centre, or skew ....

With the Suzuki I got a 5 digit number .... on long plates .... drove down the road and got shorter plates and holders ....

dsc_3755disco-autoexpress.jpg?w=840&h=56

I have the opposite problem to the OP. If I set my alarm to get up early for a ride, I don’t sleep at all. So I end up going for the ride and having to take a nap when I get home, otherwise I am fubar for the day. I have a friend who has the exact same problem - but he drinks too much the night before - so probably related.

Thank goodness I work from home and don’t have to operate any heavy machinery...

Peace of mind for that 1%

Never bothers me.You have to have confidence in your ability to wake up.I think it developed when we wanted to get up early in the bush for a drive.Had to be first up stir the fire and get the coffee and tea ready.Cant have an alarm going off in the bush.Just would not do.

This morning was the final attempt to go out at 5am.

I have just given up, having a 3.5 year old and 5 month baby in the house.

Getting up 3 times a night for bottle, nappy change, picking one up from the floor.

Just not build for this.

Long gone are those 4am starts and 20 hours a week.

This morning was the final attempt to go out at 5am.

I have just given up, having a 3.5 year old and 5 month baby in the house.

Getting up 3 times a night for bottle, nappy change, picking one up from the floor.

Just not build for this.

Long gone are those 4am starts and 20 hours a week.

Best to let it go when you have a bad night like that, clock in the little sleep you can gather.

It will settle down, you will do an early ride again in the future. :)

Ours are now 5 and 2 years old and the good nights are now more frequent than the bad ones. My kit and bike is prepped to ride whenever a good night happens. ;)

I have the opposite problem to the OP. If I set my alarm to get up early for a ride, I don’t sleep at all. So I end up going for the ride and having to take a nap when I get home, otherwise I am fubar for the day. I have a friend who has the exact same problem - but he drinks too much the night before - so probably related.

Thank goodness I work from home and don’t have to operate any heavy machinery...

I have this exact problem too. There is a decent group ride that leaves at 05:30 not far from my place. If I set my alarm for 5:00 I hardly sleep, no idea why. Once the post-ride coffee wears off I'm pretty much useless for the day... not ideal.

So now I just leave my bike and my kit ready the night before. I don't set an alarm and if I wake up early (sometimes I just wake at 5am anyway) then I join them. However what happens pretty often is I'm awake by 5:15 and I time-trial to the meeting place only to seem them disappearing into the distance. I've once chased them for about 10km before giving up. Was good training I guess.