TNT1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

then I am never ready to train............ :eek: :whistling:

Lol.. Same

Working from home for the last year has allowed me to to do midday training.... I'm off for a run now

I stopped early morning training because getting up that early just sucks. My day drags, my works suffers and I fall asleep on the couch before supper time. 

Training (in the week) is now done exclusively after work, but even that ain't easy. Weekend rides, however, are more bearable since the group is larger, so you're not the only one dragging your bum out of bed. 

But I do/did use the Garmin vibrating alarm. It's annoying but effective. 

Interesting how our internal clocks differ ....

From primary school I had to be out the door by 7:00, then during high school I was out the door just after 6:00 ....  Through out my career I have always opted for the early shift, opening the office, etc .... By 16:00 I am out the office, by 17:00 the phone is off ....

But this also means that we go to sleep early ....

TNT - sorry, no real answer that meets all your criteria .... MAYBE, try setting a song as your alarm ring tone, and not too loud ....  It is not such a shock to the system as an "alarm" ....  For almost 3 decades I did not sleep with a watch, then wanted to track my sleep patterns.  Was surprised just how quickly I adapted to a watch while sleeping.  HOWEVER, the one weird thing with a watch .... it would fit loose when I go to bed, and in the morning my wrists are slightly swollen and the watch fits tight ... by the time I get dressed my wrists are back to normal size.  Wonder is this is part of your discomfort ?  Actually, wonder if I am the only one experiencing the night-time swollen wrists ...

Uhm ... remotes .... you are not the only one ...  :whistling:   :ph34r:

Garmin on the arm on "silent" vibrating alarm.

100%

get a 2nd hand vivosport or vivosmart and set it to vibrate you awake.

its lightweight and does a great job. its so small its barely noticable.

Lol.. Same

Working from home for the last year has allowed me to to do midday training.... I'm off for a run now

I have a friend that does Ironman events ... she LOVES this working from home thing !!

Get admin done while the rest sits in traffic, runs, takes the morning calls and more admin, swims .... IDT ride ....  getting in some good training without the regime of exercising outside of "office hours".

Even as a "weekend rider" I LOVED the freedom of flexi time, project deadlines, and being able to get out onto the trails ....  alas, sitting typing here in the office (during my lunch hour)

Interesting how our internal clocks differ ....

From primary school I had to be out the door by 7:00, then during high school I was out the door just after 6:00 ....  Through out my career I have always opted for the early shift, opening the office, etc .... By 16:00 I am out the office, by 17:00 the phone is off ....

But this also means that we go to sleep early ....

Me too. I'm an early riser, and if I set my alarm for earlier than normal I'm awake before it goes off.

But as with you, in bed early in the evening.

What I have found though, before lockdown we used to have the alarm set for 5am. With lockdown I had it off and found myself only waking up at 6am.

Once back to work getting used to the 5am wake up again was a bit of a shock to the system

Me too. I'm an early riser, and if I set my alarm for earlier than normal I'm awake before it goes off.

What I have found though, before lockdown we used to have the alarm set for 5am. With lockdown I had it off and found myself only waking up at 6am.

Once back to work getting used to the 5am wake up again was a bit of a shock to the system

First two months of lockdown was hectic ..... busy work schedule, and getting used to the new setup, AND homeschooling Maritz .....

Had to get up early to get some work done, then the morning routine with Maritz ... get him going with his homeschooling .... then balancing work, meetings and schooling during the day ....

At least I was so tired that at the end of the day that I slept very good during that period.  :thumbup:

I'm not sure where to post this, but it's training related.

I get up at 4:15 to be out the door at like 4:50 in order to meet the training group at the BP in time (well, actually 4:14 as I can't handle that odd number in setting my alarm, like the volume on the TV must always be an even number, I digress...) and the alarm going off is waking up the Chinese and causing a bit of disharmony in the home.

What way is there to be woken up without an alarm going off? I tried the vibrate on the smart watch thing, but I get irritated with the watch during the night and take it off in my sleep.

What other options are there?

You could look into something like this https://www.karibaa.com/default/lifemax-under-pillow-vibration-alarm-clock-497-1410.html?sfdr_ptcid=29278_617_520826792&sfdr_hash=7105a75427440c4b8e3aba1415186b7d&gclid=CjwKCAiAgc-ABhA7EiwAjev-j2XX7eYFyDflBRtgwQzi56UcfcrwwUsAfPUBUIvcCEUCwFkihz7XRxoCU54QAvD_BwE  It is an under pillow vibrating alarm clock for the hearing impaired.  

I get up at 4:15 to be out the door at like 4:50 in order to meet the training group at the BP in time (well, actually 4:14 as I can't handle that odd number in setting my alarm, like the volume on the TV must always be an even number, I digress...) and the alarm going off is waking up the Chinese and causing a bit of disharmony in the home.

What way is there to be woken up without an alarm going off? I tried the vibrate on the smart watch thing, but I get irritated with the watch during the night and take it off in my sleep.

The 14 would not work for me, with time, it must either be a quarter, half or whole, i.e. :00, :15 or :30

All other numbers must be even's, that's why I'm thankful my shoes are a 10 and not a 9 or 11...  As a matter of interest, is your bicycle 10, 11 or 12 speed?

Drink copious amounts of water 30 minutes before you go to bed

The 14 would not work for me, with time, it must either be a quarter, half or whole, i.e. :00, :15 or :30

All other numbers must be even's, that's why I'm thankful my shoes are a 10 and not a 9 or 11...  As a matter of interest, is your bicycle 10, 11 or 12 speed?

So you would struggle with 4:56,  5:43 or 5:31 .... ?   :whistling:

I like a pattern in the numbers ....   :ph34r:

Before lockdown I was up before 04h00 and I would ride to work and yes I was tired at night but I still was able to do it. Now since lockdown I struggle to get out of bed before 05h30 and I need to leave for work at 06h00 if I drive so I basically just have coffee, do a few of my chores and off I go, I chow breakfast at work. I have ridden once to work since lockdown. Lockdown messed up my sleep pattern big time. I still have an alarm that goes off at 04h00 and then 04h15 and then 04h30 and I just snooze them all and then wake up in shock at like 05h30.