Titan Cypher RS Ultimate - A bike I want to try!

AllAboutRides

Please share your thought!

Titan Racing are really doing some great work lately and my I got caught into this bike:

https://www.titanracingbikes.com/product/cypher-rs-ultimate-carbon/

Very well spec bike for R107k and 5 year multi user warranty

Also go and have a look at the new Road bikes on bike addict website, they are also hot looking / well spec and good prices!

I would like to give credit where credit is due, so Titan Racing ......very well done for improving the brand! Watch out world!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They do make some good looking bikes, however.... Mamy of the large manufacturers now offer their carbon bike with a lifetime warranty. Paying R107k for a titan, that i will never do as they hold very bad resale value.

They do make some good looking bikes, however.... Mamy of the large manufacturers now offer their carbon bike with a lifetime warranty. Paying R107k for a titan, that i will never do as they hold very bad resale value.

. It's virtually impossible to beat the value titan are offering, they have come a very long way from when they first started out

You will just be paying a lot more for less bike then. I have a carbon Cypher and the build quality is right up there.

All bikes have bad resale value, the more expensive the bike the faster the depreciation as there is a limit to what someone will pay for a second hand bike.

Edited by Showtime

is that a link I see on the chain stay???

Yes it is. From the interview with the designer.

Many modern cross-country bikes are using a flexible pivot but you’ve shied away from that. Why is that?

The Cypher being our first full-suspension carbon bike, we stuck on the safe side. Like the geometry, we didn’t want to reach too far into the unknown. The horst-link is a safe option from both a construction and suspension design. There is a slight weight penalty but the Cypher isn’t heavy, it is in the middle of the range. But the design comes with advantages too, like everything else in bike design, it is a balance of the whole system.

I have to agree with floatfox. If I had 110k i would not spend it on a titan or silverback.

Don't understand why they don't take the same approach as cabal. They put an amazing speced bike on the market with cuatom paint job for 20k less than its competitors

I have to agree with floatfox. If I had 110k i would not spend it on a titan or silverback.

Don't understand why they don't take the same approach as cabal. They put an amazing speced bike on the market with cuatom paint job for 20k less than its competitors

Please show me another bike with similar spec for the same price or R20k more, I would even go as far as R50k, I haven't seen anything Edited by Chadvdw67

Please show me another bike with similar spec for the same price or R20k more, I would even go as far as R50k, I haven't seen anything

Dont forget .... this is SA ....

Hilux is NOT what it used to be, rather, the competition has caught up many years ago .... yet the Hilux manne wont look at anything else.

Titan WAS the entry level kids bikes .... They HAVE grown into a very good brand !!!  But some will just never ever accept their is an alternative to their preferred brand.

Having bought two Titan bikes for Maritz over the last few years, and seeing thousands of these at SPUR events and on the trails, I am very happy with the Titan brand  :thumbup:

Please show me another bike with similar spec for the same price or R20k more, I would even go as far as R50k, I haven't seen anything

Once you are paying over R100k for a mtb, the name on the downtube starts becoming a huge part of the price, and dare i say it, "value".

i'm just not sure how big the market is for people who spend this sort of money and not go spaz/cannondale/scott/santa cruz. even merida/giant would not seem that viable.

Once you are paying over R100k for a mtb, the name on the downtube starts becoming a huge part of the price, and dare i say it, "value".

i'm just not sure how big the market is for people who spend this sort of money and not go spaz/cannondale/scott/santa cruz. even merida/giant would not seem that viable.

Uhm ja .....

It seems Specialized stores SHOULD be showing the emblem of their 49% shareholder and manufacturer .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merida_Bikes 

Same as various other "top brands" should be showing the GIANT emblem as their manufacturer .... 

While various companies were "building a brand" via sponsorship and sporting events, Merida and Giant got on with the business of making bikes ....

A little extract from - https://aushiker.com/blog/2013/03/19/where-was-my-bicycle-made/

Giant: ­ You may have ridden a bicycle made by Giant without knowing it! Giant is the world’s largest bicycle manufacturer with factories in Taiwan, China, and Europe. Giant, a Taiwanese company started in 1972, manufacturers their own bikes­ including the carbon bikes, which is unique in the industry (i.e., most other brands use other manufacturers such as Advanced International Multitech or Martec).

In addition to making their own bikes, Giant also makes, or has made, bikes for many other prominent brands, including TrekSpecialized [now part of Merida], Schwinn, and Bianchi. Giant’s claim to fame is that they have the most advanced and efficient manufacturing facilities in the bicycle industry.

Uhm ja .....

It seems Specialized stores SHOULD be showing the emblem of their 49% shareholder and manufacturer .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merida_Bikes 

Same as various other "top brands" should be showing the GIANT emblem as their manufacturer .... 

While various companies were "building a brand" via sponsorship and sporting events, Merida and Giant got on with the business of making bikes ....

A little extract from - https://aushiker.com/blog/2013/03/19/where-was-my-bicycle-made/

Giant: ­ You may have ridden a bicycle made by Giant without knowing it! Giant is the world’s largest bicycle manufacturer with factories in Taiwan, China, and Europe. Giant, a Taiwanese company started in 1972, manufacturers their own bikes­ including the carbon bikes, which is unique in the industry (i.e., most other brands use other manufacturers such as Advanced International Multitech or Martec).

In addition to making their own bikes, Giant also makes, or has made, bikes for many other prominent brands, including TrekSpecialized [now part of Merida], Schwinn, and Bianchi. Giant’s claim to fame is that they have the most advanced and efficient manufacturing facilities in the bicycle industry.

Giant even manufacture their own carbon fiber!

R107000.... Still breaks my brain that people spend this much on something that makes your sweat profusely, that needs to be pedalled, and that costs more than a car to service and maintain. 

Then I look at my own bike that I spent +- the same on and I think of all the enjoyment that I get from hearing those tires on the dirt and feeling the wind in my hair. Was it worth spending that much? Yup, and I would do it again tomorrow if I had to. 

Now for R107000 this is an incredibly well specced bike. Carbon, AXS, Fox where it matters. I honestly don't mind the Titan brand on the frame. My wallet loves everything about this bike. 

A S-Works with this spec goes for R190k. If the name on a downtube is worth R80k to somebody dan moet hulle maar betaal.