Titan Cypher RS Ultimate - A bike I want to try!

AllAboutRides

Nope, but it is as per most other things in life, because they can or to keep up with the Jones's.

Does the average to good rider really need a 100k bike!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A S-Works with this spec goes for R190k. If the name on a downtube is worth R80k to somebody dan moet hulle maar betaal.

it also probably weighs a kilo less, comes with a power meter, and years and years of R&D and experience. Not saying they're worth every penny, but you're not just paying for the label on the downtube.

When I was on the market for my current race bike, I looked at those titans, thought wow, amazing specs for the price. But then looking at the weight, despite the carbon rims and high spec components the thing was the same weight as my 2014 momsen. 

When I'm looking at spending this much money on a bike I will race, I want the high mod frame, or the s-works. If I can't afford it new, I'll buy a recent second hand model rather than another cheaper brand.

I'm now riding a scalpel hi mod 2019, and it's the best bike I've ever ridden, and it cost me way less than 107k, for just one generation behind the current one (that goes for 130k).

I'm waiting to see the actual weight of this generation of Titans, but last year it was just not comparable to the high end bikes from other brands. For everything else, they offer amazing value.

Edited by Jbr

it also probably weighs a kilo less, comes with a power meter, and years and years of R&D and experience. Not saying they're worth every penny, but you're not just paying for the label on the downtube.

When I was on the market for my current race bike, I looked at those titans, thought wow, amazing specs for the price. But then looking at the weight, despite the carbon rims and high spec components the thing was the same weight as my 2014 momsen. 

When I'm looking at spending this much money on a bike I will race, I want the high mod frame, or the s-works. If I can't afford it new, I'll buy a recent second hand model rather than another cheaper brand.

I'm now riding a scalpel hi mod 2019, and it's the best bike I've ever ridden, and it cost me way less than 107k, for just one generation behind the current one (that goes for 130k).

I'm waiting to see the actual weight of this generation of Titans, but last year it was just not comparable to the high end bikes from other brands. For everything else, they offer amazing value.

I agree with most of what you're saying, there is no way Titan can command the same price as an S-Works.

It is just that nothing exists in an economic vacuum and there is an R80k difference there.

If people were saying I'd rather pay R130k for the S-Works I agree all the way. But people saying if you're gonna pay R108k you might as well pay R190k is not logical.

EDIT

But I don't want to argue with you as I agree to a large extent. I would take the R117k Evo Expert over that Titan.

I dwell in the Titan Cypher Comp R50k market which is a different world and there is nothing from Spez for R50k that I would choose over my Titan. 

Edited by Showtime

i'm curious about the Empire version with longer travel.

but some specs on its weight would be nice to see

?

Can not find this on the Titan site?

Also curious.

But why the army green.

A S-Works with this spec goes for R190k. If the name on a downtube is worth R80k to somebody dan moet hulle maar betaal.

i agree with you 100% here.

I just think that there will be 10 x 190k spaz sworks sold for every serious enquiry on a R107k Titan.

ridiculous, ain't it? stupid rich okes driving the price up the whole time

I was informed by the 'woke' cyclists that these earthy colors are the new cool?

the colours may be new cool, but the geo looks to be a little last season?

Also curious.

But why the army green.

100%

that would be the factor that holds me back. not a fan of the colour at all

Couldn't agree more! Maak nie sin om daai R80k meer te betaal nie ;-)

I still give Titan credit for what they are doing, and who know's......in a few years time from now we might all have something different to say

Please share your thought!

Titan Racing are really doing some great work lately and my I got caught into this bike:

https://www.titanracingbikes.com/product/cypher-rs-ultimate-carbon/

Very well spec bike for R107k and 5 year multi user warranty

Also go and have a look at the new Road bikes on bike addict website, they are also hot looking / well spec and good prices!

I would like to give credit where credit is due, so Titan Racing ......very well done for improving the brand! Watch out world!

I'm a Titan fan, so very biased. If I had that kind of parcel I wouldn't flinch...