GCN+

Mntboy

On 6/11/2023 at 5:01 PM, Hairy said:

So when will RBTV get the rights back again, asking for a friend.

... ye... this the Mens UCI Mtb was only broadcasted on Monday sucks.. if they say it's on Euro  then it's on Euro  at the time of the race, Not the next day :( 

G

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question, has anyone found that GCN+ streaming is poor quality? By that I mean I get the occasional buffering/holding icon and pixellation. I'm trying to narrow down the issue - I have a 100Mbs line and all my other streaming services (netflix, showmax, youtube) are great ITO image quality. I've tested watch  a football match in HD, and switching over to the GIRO only for it to alternate between freezing/buffering and being heavily pixelated.

I've didn't watch the TDF yesterday but I noticed this issue a lot during the Giro. I've set aside today to set up a VPN to watch the TDF, but if that is going to restrict the bit rate further (maybe it wont) then it may not be worth it.

1 hour ago, NickGM said:

Quick question, has anyone found that GCN+ streaming is poor quality? By that I mean I get the occasional buffering/holding icon and pixellation. I'm trying to narrow down the issue - I have a 100Mbs line and all my other streaming services (netflix, showmax, youtube) are great ITO image quality. I've tested watch  a football match in HD, and switching over to the GIRO only for it to alternate between freezing/buffering and being heavily pixelated.

I've didn't watch the TDF yesterday but I noticed this issue a lot during the Giro. I've set aside today to set up a VPN to watch the TDF, but if that is going to restrict the bit rate further (maybe it wont) then it may not be worth it.

I have experienced 1 or 2 rough days previously but generally stream is faultless... In fact even under bad signal I still get a decent stream. 

Go for it! 

2 hours ago, NickGM said:

Some peeps are lucky others sometimes struggle. We had the same issues.

(GCN needs to add a stream quality option as well)

4 hours ago, NickGM said:

I have been having a battle with GCN since the classics - unwatchable most of the time.  50Mbps fibre and not issues with other streaming, just GCN.   Seems they are now also blocking VPN access - I can't get TdF content on my Mibox android TV despite using VPN.

Looks like I will have to fork out for DSTV for TdF 😞   

24 minutes ago, henrivdm said:

I have been having a battle with GCN since the classics - unwatchable most of the time.  50Mbps fibre and not issues with other streaming, just GCN.   Seems they are now also blocking VPN access - I can't get TdF content on my Mibox android TV despite using VPN.

They told me the Mi-Box is not a supported device, but that they’re adding new devices all the time.

I watch on a iMac or Work laptop, and occasionally my phone. All three devices hardly ever have a problem.

I also found that my ISP-provided router is part of the problem; could be the wi-fi signal strength. I have another fully customisable router (for my VPN), which operates at a much faster transfer rate.

2 hours ago, henrivdm said:

"Unwatchable most of the time" - that pretty sums up my experience too. Last night I actually watched GCN's 5 minute highlight package of stage 1 on youtube, after the first 2 minutes of trying to watch it on GCN+ was painful. Thanks @Roul, @babse and @Frosty for your input too.

Also terrible quality. XCC and DH replays and the XCO live today were all over the show. i have a 200mb/s line that i tested during the broadcast so it doesn't look like its down load speed related. if anyone fixes please share.

Are you experiencing this from the TV?

I've had no issues from mobile nor my PC and browser I'll the mibox tomorrow to see how that works

100mbps upload/download 

The wi-fi connection properties... check the link speed.
I'm on a 20mbps fibre line.
image.png.d7d6e2fcd803c8dae690200777b10799.png

Haven't had problems all weekend, on the Tour as well as the XCO (currently watching delayed live).
Both screenshots were taken while streaming both feeds together.image.png.209f90c90060998dfe93065057b7d372.png
image.png.f80cdd8ab16ad6c466005726d52879dc.png

42 minutes ago, Marcv said:

Both on Iphone and Apple TV.

Where do you check the Link speed? haven't seen this before.

That info is on my work laptop, under the WiFi properties. Apple Support shows the following (see the channel width bit):

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202068

My VPN provider said to always use the highest channel number on the router. My ISP doesn’t allow me to change settings on my router, so I have a second one that the connect through.

Edited by Frosty

18 hours ago, henrivdm said:

Then you're doing something wrong. When do you think they've started detecting the VPN (even DSTV can detect a VPN BTW)?

Granted, I can watch the Tour from my Android phone with my VPN turned on, no problem. Are you picking the correct country? I always pick the UK. 

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-03 at 08.50.33.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-03 at 08.50.32.jpg

FWIW, my VPN process is to start up, logon to GCN+, go to the Racing page, THEN connect the VPN, refresh the racing page, and then navigate to the live stage. This seems to work

If I try to go to the racing page when connected, it asks me to subscribe in UKP