GCN+

Mntboy

The quality of my feed is directly linked the the router I use. The default one from my ISP is a complete waste. The Asus that is a secondary route provides a much better quality. So perhaps it’s the quality of the signal.

I’m not IT inclined, but know how to get some basic stuff working.

Could be something else; and this is just coincidence.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, tinmug said:

Then GCN needs to make it very clear that the expect me to lie about my geographical location before so readily taking my money. 😉

Besides, DSTVs rights to the broadcast has no bearing on the quality of the feed being catered for by GCN+. If a VPN resolves the problem then it's between GCN+ and their infrastructure support this region. If tomorrow is as unwatchable as today then I'll likely cancel. I refuse to pay for what was, at best, a radio broadcast today. 

Interesting... While many has stated a VPN fixed their bad... I watched some the DHI and no issues with quality... I then switched on the VPN to watch not live Dauphine. No issues...

While i can understand your frustration... R709 for the year for a GCN+ subscription is about 2 months of bad coffee... 

Splitting that between me and my brother means it'll probably cost more effort trying to cancel. If i could suggest... Perhaps share your login with someone you willing to and or trust and see if their quality is the same as yours... Provided they on their own network of course

I will say that after my moan earlier. The xcc and the dh has worked perfectly. Just been watching the DH now and it's absolutely perfect not a single blip ... (Touch wood). Hahah

But then if you try and stream the cool touring movies then gcn+ goes for a ball.??? ...  Very weird. Anyway. 

Also noted the same earlier, was able to watch short track without any issues. Long may it continue.

I hate DSTV. The only positive is the give people jobs, to help them survive, they contribute to the economy. 

But I have to confess, all the VPN and techno stuff, EuroSport, GCN, reigonal blocking, and needing to consult the hub for everything...adding the fact that I'm too lazy i would rather Tiz or pay up. Am ashamed to admit. I will do better next year 

I give up give up facepalm GIF on GIFER - by Kulalmeena

9 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I hate DSTV. The only positive is the give people jobs, to help them survive, they contribute to the economy. 

But I have to confess, all the VPN and techno stuff, EuroSport, GCN, reigonal blocking, and needing to consult the hub for everything...adding the fact that I'm too lazy i would rather Tiz or pay up. Am ashamed to admit. I will do better next year 

I give up give up facepalm GIF on GIFER - by Kulalmeena

Exactly 

20 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Anyone know how to run a VPN on Apple TV? I can do it on the iPhone and see the races there. I guess I could cast it to the tv.

You can do it with ExpressVPN but it only works for US. It’s a bit tricky since you have to setup a dynadns account and you can’t switch to another location.  I’d recommend using a laptop and just plugging the tv into it or airplay from an iPhone or iPad. I have zero issues with GCN on ExpressVPN on a 100mbps fibre line. NordVPN didn’t work for me at all so switched back to ExpressVPN even though it’s a lot pricier. 

I haven’t noticed much difference between when I’m using vpn or no vpn in terms of quality, personally 

Edited by Spookie

23 hours ago, tinmug said:

Quality of the feed. It's unwatchable.

How do you access Eurosport?

I also have issues, and my fibre line is 100/100…

weirdly on my phone, no problem, on a laptop also don’t seem to have too many issues, but when I try watch on my tv… nightmares. Buffers every few seconds. I’ve followed their instructions about making sure the TV app is up to date etc, but nope… agree it’s very frustrating. I have no desire to watch on my phone when I have a TV 😂 

Edited by Spookie

13 hours ago, Spookie said:

I also have issues, and my fibre line is 100/100…

weirdly on my phone, no problem, on a laptop also don’t seem to have too many issues, but when I try watch on my tv… nightmares. Buffers every few seconds. I’ve followed their instructions about making sure the TV app is up to date etc, but nope… agree it’s very frustrating. I have no desire to watch on my phone when I have a TV 😂 

Email GCN about it. 

On 6/9/2023 at 7:27 PM, nigelhicks said:

@Red Birdwhat vpn are you using? I've never had one. (Cast to my old 15year old TV via Chromecast). But I'm having the same issues with crappy quality. 

I also need a vpn obviously to watch the tour later on. So need to figure out how to install one (and where to install it etc). 

Any advice from anyone would be great. Thanks. 

Gcn+ has such cool stuff on it. But it just sucks that it's so slow. Just like red bull when they started out 10 years ago. 

I use Windscribe. Free to use. Various upgrade options available.

I also reported the poor stream quality and I received this response

image.png.fdf0f4a4f69a2a32f01d6a9fde63a333.png

I had a nice giggle at it followed up with a touch of rage.

As you can imagine my reply was very sarcastic and passive-aggressive hahahaha

Edited by Matu