Giro d' Italia 2021

'Dale

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Giro is alive and well! 

These last three proper stages are going to be hectic before the TT to end it all off. 

Friday, Saturday and the ITT are going to be more spicy than a Carolina Reaper!

That was fantastic racing. 

Is it just me or does Yates look like he triple or quadruple wraps his bars?

15 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Friday, Saturday and the ITT are going to be more spicy than a Carolina Reaper!

That was fantastic racing. 

Is it just me or does Yates look like he triple or quadruple wraps his bars?

small hands

11 hours ago, TNT1 said:

What happened to ringing a cow bell on the mountain stages? 

You know???

On 5/26/2021 at 9:57 AM, Eldron said:

At least the DH fans have the good sense to remove the blade and the blade guide.  These roadie fans may have removed the blade but it still looks pretty "horror movie"!

What fun is that if it doesn't look like a proper chain saw? Nothing to it either way except the dB's

I once saw some French nutters juggling REAL chain saws in a circus tent on Clapham  Common. I tried that at home, it did not end well.

ps (edit) its called a bar. Chain is the 'blade'

Edited by kosmonooit

Remco abandons.

While trying to avoid the pile-up, Evenepoel ran wide and flipped up and over the metal guard rail in a fall, startlingly similar to his Il Lombardia crash but fortunately with less of a drop.

spacer.png

Anyone know what/who caused the accident that took out Evenpoel, Nibali, and caused Ciccone to chase so hard and eventually blow up?

10 minutes ago, samson99 said:

Anyone know what/who caused the accident that took out Evenpoel, Nibali, and caused Ciccone to chase so hard and eventually blow up?

Guys just ahead of Remco touched wheels or lost it slightly in a corner, he came round and had nowhere to go, so over the railings.

Ciccone came down hard and looked like his left wrist was bothering him.

https://www.eurosport.com/cycling/giro-d-italia/2021/remco-evenepoel-flung-onto-barriers-in-big-crash-on-stage-17-at-giro-ditalia-giulio-ciccone-also-down_vid1480528/video.shtml

Edited by TNT1

9 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Guys just ahead of Remco touched wheels or lost it slightly in a corner, he came round and had nowhere to go, so over the railings.

Ciccone came down hard and looked like his left wrist was bothering him.

https://www.eurosport.com/cycling/giro-d-italia/2021/remco-evenepoel-flung-onto-barriers-in-big-crash-on-stage-17-at-giro-ditalia-giulio-ciccone-also-down_vid1480528/video.shtml

Renco deliberately crashed so he doesn’t have to finish 

23 hours ago, Eldron said:

At least the DH fans have the good sense to remove the blade and the blade guide.  These roadie fans may have removed the blade but it still looks pretty "horror movie"!

has it been confirmed if chainsaw had a chain or not? can't see it here

down the youtube rabbithole we go. CHAIN on, but it's acoustic and sounds like a 10cc peashooter model.

Taxi Violence (the band) used to play a song where one of their roadies got dressed up and brought an angle grinder onto stage and sent sparks off a metal plate all over the place. was a fire hazard of note.