Fraud Charges Against “Cycle Tour Operator”

DeniseD

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

Cannot see his FB page as he has blocked me after I left a comment about one of the tours 

same here, i guess that's one way to plug gaps in a leaking dyke

52 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

same here, i guess that's one way to plug gaps in a leaking dyke

Just looked there ... I see Rickus Du Plooy is next to be blocked there ...  

RdP.jpg.80310f39db6fec31da72d6f23b84b69c.jpg

23 hours ago, DJR said:

Perhaps we should all make fake bookings under fake names and send fake proof of payments from fake bank accounts for this? 

Please do this and frustrate the crap out of him , cannot believe this C... is still doing what he is doing best!! 

On 9/6/2022 at 4:04 PM, DJR said:

Perhaps we should all make fake bookings under fake names and send fake proof of payments from fake bank accounts for this? 

Well, I went to take a look, and the only payment method possible is online card payments, through an registered payment gateway, which is a bit of an odd MO for running a scam, especially with the sort of values of services being sold here. Credit card scams normally run small amounts, because that doesn’t trigger the anti-fraud teams at the banks, but amounts like this would require the service provider to provide certain proof of services being delivered before they would pay out to the recipient.

Truth be told, any money paid on that website would be just about as safe as a transaction done here through Bikehub Pay. If you don’t get the service you paid for, you will get the money back, and VISA would have their fraud teams investigating them.

so like I said, it’s a pretty strange MO for a scammer. But I have already been proven very wrong on the Lionel Hennessy thread today already, and it is clear from this thread that the guy obviously has screwed people out of some serious dough in the past.

15 minutes ago, esCape-ist said:

Well, I went to take a look, and the only payment method possible is online card payments, through an registered payment gateway, which is a bit of an odd MO for running a scam, especially with the sort of values of services being sold here. Credit card scams normally run small amounts, because that doesn’t trigger the anti-fraud teams at the banks, but amounts like this would require the service provider to provide certain proof of services being delivered before they would pay out to the recipient.

Truth be told, any money paid on that website would be just about as safe as a transaction done here through Bikehub Pay. If you don’t get the service you paid for, you will get the money back, and VISA would have their fraud teams investigating them.

so like I said, it’s a pretty strange MO for a scammer. But I have already been proven very wrong on the Lionel Hennessy thread today already, and it is clear from this thread that the guy obviously has screwed people out of some serious dough in the past.

Mr Wood Collector have a history of legit tours and events .... and then duck out on a few, with promises to pay back.

41 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Mr Wood Collector have a history of legit tours and events .... and then duck out on a few, with promises to pay back.

I understand that is what happened in the past, but like I said, accepting only card payments is an od MO then. There is no way to duck the paying back. If they don’t provide the service, the card issuer refunds the client, and automatically claws back the money from business. They also have very strict fraud controls and will shut down a merchant that tries something funny very quickly.

EFT/e-wallet/cash send etc are all easy to get away with, but you can’t dodge Visa and Mastercard. Which is why it’s the only way I will pay for anything online.

I’m not defending anyone, but the suggestion was made we spam him with fake bookings. I was going to try, and then realised it won’t be possible, because they only accept card payments.

There is no reason why a few hundred people can enquire about a specific date, and then  when he says fully booked, the original people who booked first cancel, and then he will contact the other people that there is now bookings. Everyone just cancels from there.

46 minutes ago, esCape-ist said:

I understand that is what happened in the past, but like I said, accepting only card payments is an od MO then. There is no way to duck the paying back. If they don’t provide the service, the card issuer refunds the client, and automatically claws back the money from business. They also have very strict fraud controls and will shut down a merchant that tries something funny very quickly.

EFT/e-wallet/cash send etc are all easy to get away with, but you can’t dodge Visa and Mastercard. Which is why it’s the only way I will pay for anything online.

I’m not defending anyone, but the suggestion was made we spam him with fake bookings. I was going to try, and then realised it won’t be possible, because they only accept card payments.

Which payment processor? 

Alert them to this thread? 

2 hours ago, Comrade J said:

Ok Gents, I have just checked, his payment gateway is Ozow, please help by reporting

I just booked a tour,

Everyone please book leave your cart open😁

260380787_Screenshot2022-09-08171414.png.66edb18a6746876e10be9db8ec6d412d.png

Screenshot 2022-09-08 171546.png

I sent Ozow a mail with A bunch of links to threads like this and his site