New Giant Anthem Prototype

CraigT48

9 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

How do they keep track of the hours then on each brain? Or do they just give you another one thats just had the same hour service as the one you brought in? Like if you bring yours in for a 100 hour service, do they give you a different one that's also just had a 100 hour service? 

That seems like a crazy system though if that's really how they work. 

the real question is how do you keep track of the hours on your shock? You as in the general you not you specifically. I have no farking idea.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

Hey ... if Giant can "fully commit" to 650B and then come back as a brand pushing 29'ers then anyone can change their Stance.

At least till now they haven't changed their Anthem but now its played in full metal

2 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

the real question is how do you keep track of the hours on your shock? You as in the general you not you specifically. I have no farking idea.

1. Install hub tiger
2. Link to strava
3. Job done

12 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

How do they keep track of the hours then on each brain? Or do they just give you another one thats just had the same hour service as the one you brought in? Like if you bring yours in for a 100 hour service, do they give you a different one that's also just had a 100 hour service? 

That seems like a crazy system though if that's really how they work. 

Dude, these okes have PA's that keep track of the shock hours. No LBS in this wold is going to take on a PA so when they say the Boss's shock has 100hrs on it, it has 100hrs

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

At least till now they haven't changed their Anthem but now its played in full metal

These jokes rock ????

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

well if you have R1.4Mil for a car Audi's RS4 seems quite popular. Other than that there's no much on offer as the nation is "Tune-her " bdornnerd. Oh, and range rovers at 60% residual are immensely popular too

On that topic, we moved into an apartment the we used to rent out to be closer to the kids' schools. There are a brother and sister that own the apartment downstairs and live there. Early thirties. He drives a BMW M4 and she drives a BMW M3. Apartment is worth 2.5 bar tops. Oh and her boyfriend drives a M4 as well. The mind boggles.

2 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

1. Install hub tiger
2. Link to strava
3. Job done

admin bru. no thanks.

I'm one of those ride it till it feels k@k or breaks type of riders.

31 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

On that topic, we moved into an apartment the we used to rent out to be closer to the kids' schools. There are a brother and sister that own the apartment downstairs and live there. Early thirties. He drives a BMW M4 and she drives a BMW M3. Apartment is worth 2.5 bar tops. Oh and her boyfriend drives a M4 as well. The mind boggles.

I have colleagues on a lower pay grade driving X6's.....And I'm still on Covid pay. Mind stopped boggling. My Priority was a free standing house closeish to the beach and close enough to the trails and good access to schools.. They choose to live in a flat in Parklands hence Golf vs X6

Edited by DieselnDust

3 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

admin bru. no thanks.

I'm one of those ride it till it feels k@k or breaks type of riders.

I agree. I simply mark th echange out dates on the year planner in my workroom and then check the parts at every inspection and mark the readings on the dates. When I feel like it I curve fit the readings to project more or less when the chain is likely to be worn. I spend enough time on my phone, sometimes old school is the best school

5 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I have colleagues on a lower pay grade driving X6's.....And I'm still on Covid pay. Mind stopped boggling stopped. My Priority was a free standing house closeish to the beach and close enough to the trails and good access to schools.. They choose to live in a flat in Parklands hence Golf vs X6

did a quick calculation. wife's car plus my car roughly 3% of the non-bonded value of our properties

31 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I assume you mean a black unbranded Giant bidon?

But as was discussed at length, the bidons you want are the titan black ones that you've modified with sandpaper or a stanley knife to remove the branding. Nothing else is acceptable, so your question is invalid.

But if I had to guess, I'd say it might hold a black unbranded Giant bidon, but you'll have to hold the second one in your hand, or put it in your moonbag, cos obviously in South Africa, you can't leave home without 2 bidons. 

You keep on referring to a can. I have never ridden on my bicycle with a can to consume water.

So technically in cycling no Bidons are Bidons unless it's a bidon?

I suppose Boutille does not sound trendy enough?

10 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I have colleagues on a lower pay grade driving X6's.....And I'm still on Covid pay. Mind stopped boggling stopped. My Priority was a free standing house closeish to the beach and close enough to the trails and good access to schools.. They choose to live in a flat in Parklands hence Golf vs X6

And you got the better car :P

32 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I have colleagues on a lower pay grade driving X6's.....And I'm still on Covid pay. Mind stopped boggling. My Priority was a free standing house closeish to the beach and close enough to the trails and good access to schools.. They choose to live in a flat in Parklands hence Golf vs X6

You should not judge a horse by its saddle. I see okes pulling in to the trailhead parking driving jalopies and then pull out a bike that costs far north of what half a year's salary amounts to for me. I can kind of understand that and would have likely done the same if I was sans wife and kid, but alas, adulting is hard work and expensive.

But that aside, anyone who willingly chooses to live in Parklands in order to drive a nice car needs to go see a shrink. Their priorities in life are skewed.

2 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

You should not judge a horse by its saddle. I see okes pulling in to the trailhead parking driving jalopies and then pull out a bike that costs far north of what half a year's salary amounts to for me. I can kind of understand that and would have likely done the same if I was sans wife and kid, but alas, adulting is hard work and expensive.

But that aside, anyone who willingly chooses to live in Parklands in order to drive a nice car needs to go see a shrink. Their priorities in life are skewed.

which is exactly my point. Priorities

PS: chosing an expensive bike over a car is getting the priorities spot on

1 hour ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

What freaked me out about the Brain Stuff. 

A few years ago I knocked on the spech Stellies main suspension servicing centre and had a walk and talk with the tech guys. To my surprise, if send your shock in for a service with them, they refurb it and it goes into the "system" and you get given another one that was previously serviced. So you do not know the history of the unit at all.

Not sure if that is still the case, but it was a bit of a WTF moment for me

If having a refurbished unit is such a big issue for you guys, you can always ask them to have your same shock back, will just take more time.