New Giant Anthem Prototype

CraigT48

1 hour ago, Mountain Bru said:

Appears to also have 4 bags strapped to the bike, but then still felt it necessary to strap a pump to his seat tube? 

More importantly though, that looks like an Anthem to me. This is conclusive proof that having 1 cage on a Anthem is woefully insufficient. Case closed.

Also... bar ends ????

You mean it looks like a gravel bike, and the persons who butchered their Anthems like this have now moved over to gravel bikes with ample bottle storage and massive bags strapped to their bikes?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

You mean it looks like a gravel bike, and the persons who butchered their Anthems like this have now moved over to gravel bikes with ample bottle storage and massive bags strapped to their bikes?

So you're saying a gravel bike is an upgrade from an Anthem?
Bold claim, especially seen as it seems most people around here seem to think gravel bikes are a bit of a pointless fad. 

9 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

So you're saying a gravel bike is an upgrade from an Anthem?
Bold claim, especially seen as it seems most people around here seem to think gravel bikes are a bit of a pointless fad. 

No, I mean to say that this rider has dressed the Anthem up like a gravel bike.

22 hours ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

Personally it would be a massive issue, you have no idea what the previous owner/s had put the shock through before you.

And many riders had no idea that this was the way they operated when chatting to them after being at the service centre.

I bought my Stump Jumper from a very well regarded S store, and the owner of the store actually swapped out the brain shock for a standard shock when he first got the frame as he just did not want to deal with the brain.

When I had her, just made sure that the suspension was set up right and then only ever used the trail/mid slow speed compression on the shock for super smooth climbs, other than that the bike just worked.

Dude, its a Spez,....the shock is in mint condition because its only used on the road

17 hours ago, GHOST FACE said:

Not an engineer but I've got the stuff that's under embargo. Sorry but I'm not losing my job right now so you'll have to wait.

you're a cruel cruel person.......

How am I supposed to function now?

20 minutes ago, Eldron said:

This topic has gone proper pear shaped ????

I do have one question though - you guys know these rules are a joke right: https://www.velominati.com/

this is a serious discussion, no time for joking 

And in other news,

Giant SA announced a unilateral withdrawal from South Africa after their next Anthem project which was announced with great fanfare on the premier mouthpiece for all things cycling in SA, a.k.a. Bikehub, went pear shaped and failed to rouse the desired interest among the mtb marathon crowd. Some suggest this may have something to do with all the lockdowns and lack of mass participation events which was a driving factor in the astronomical sales of xco bikes to the marathon crowd. Since lockdown exercise regulations were lifted mid 2020, and with the absence of events, the marathon crowd finally ventured to bike parks and trail centres close to them, and shockingly discovered that contrary to their belief in their xco bikes, they were in fact severely under gunned, and are now investigating proper trail and #endurobro bikes in stead. Next to need a rethink will be the event hosting crowd once this pandemic fizzles out since no interest will be shown apart from a die hard select few who insist that pure bliss is found in riding as far as they can and suffering in solitude. The rest are all on the trails having a jol.

And now for the weather...

32 minutes ago, Eldron said:

This topic has gone proper pear shaped ????

I do have one question though - you guys know these rules are a joke right: https://www.velominati.com/

Rule 50 // Facial hair is to be carefully regulated.
No full beards, no moustaches. Goatees are permitted only if your name starts with “Marco” and ends with “Pantani”, or if your head is intentionally or unintentionally bald. One may never shave on the morning of an important race, as it saps your virility, and you need that to kick ass

Looks like hipster gravel riders are illegal according to the written rules of cycling and should be flogged

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

There's nothing to joke about when it comes to white shorts.

But MVDP wears them and he is cooler than liquid helium so we have a circular reference error!