CraigT48

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

And since its Single it better be giant while Giant is up for discussion

When I was still doing the gym thing I stopped at the local gym one afternoon only to realise I left my bidon at home. No worries I think, since there is a LBS next door. I walk in and ask for a bottle. R300 for a branded one with a big red swishy S on the front, or R150  for a half-size Giant one? That gym session was milked for all its worth and the Giant bottle has not been used since.

25 minutes ago, Broodryk said:

If having a refurbished unit is such a big issue for you guys, you can always ask them to have your same shock back, will just take more time.

Personally it would be a massive issue, you have no idea what the previous owner/s had put the shock through before you.

And many riders had no idea that this was the way they operated when chatting to them after being at the service centre.

I bought my Stump Jumper from a very well regarded S store, and the owner of the store actually swapped out the brain shock for a standard shock when he first got the frame as he just did not want to deal with the brain.

When I had her, just made sure that the suspension was set up right and then only ever used the trail/mid slow speed compression on the shock for super smooth climbs, other than that the bike just worked.

50 minutes ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

No one is fitting 2 cages in that triangle.

come to think of it. There doesn't look like there's space on the Spark either. Seem like either seat tube OR down tube but not both.

spark-nino-logo-50-spark-nino-logo-50-1600.jpg

9 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Lyne dual bottle system only fit in a very limited number of frames -

https://www.on-lynecomponents.com/collections/the-holy-rail/products/holy-rail-dual-cage-kit

and potentially void a warrantee? 2 rivnuts are not designed to hold that much weight. Extended riding over rough terrain and those rivnuts will not stand up to the side to side forces they're going to be subjected too. They'll work themselves lose sooner than later.

Edited by GHOST FACE
spelling

I was wondering about a holy rail on my bike (Spez Camber - back off all you Spez haters) but I'm not convinced that it will work. 

I'm also not convinced that the British and Irish Lions tour to SA is likely to go ahead with 4 more Boks out due to Covid apart from Lood. Marvin Orie, Frans Steyn, Handre Pollard and Frans Malherbe joined lock Lood de Jager on the list of players with positive Covid test results this week.

The latest adverse findings come as a massive blow to SA Rugby's attempts to keep the national team active before facing the Lions in a three-Test series starting 24 July. This according to a very popular local MSM outlet.

27 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I was wondering about a holy rail on my bike (Spez Camber - back off all you Spez haters) but I'm not convinced that it will work. 

I'm also not convinced that the British and Irish Lions tour to SA is likely to go ahead with 4 more Boks out due to Covid apart from Lood. Marvin Orie, Frans Steyn, Handre Pollard and Frans Malherbe joined lock Lood de Jager on the list of players with positive Covid test results this week.

The latest adverse findings come as a massive blow to SA Rugby's attempts to keep the national team active before facing the Lions in a three-Test series starting 24 July. This according to a very popular local MSM outlet.

Flip it sucks to hear that about your "Spez". I was wondering how things were gonna work out with all the current riding conditions. But if half of the local frames are compromised, I get the feeling the foreign imports are going to dominate. 

1 hour ago, GHOST FACE said:

No one is fitting 2 cages in that triangle.

come to think of it. There doesn't look like there's space on the Spark either. Seem like either seat tube OR down tube but not both.

spark-nino-logo-50-spark-nino-logo-50-1600.jpg

Looks like theres an extra mounting hole on the down tube, so you can mount that cage higher to make space for one the seat tube. But on smaller frames, you'll probably have to use 500ml cans

15 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

The discussion on brains? 

In fairness, I think the discussion on 1 vs 2 bottle cages was relevant

Was an observation rather than a complaint.

As an owner of an Anthem, I was expecting a read a little more on this prototype bike and a little less why people are offended about riding with/without a camelbak. Screw what people think and do what makes one happy, or keeps one hydrated.

BTW, one bottle FTW on rides of less than 2.5 hours, or if it's longer and there is an opportunity to top-up on the route.

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Was an observation rather than a complaint.

As an owner of an Anthem, I was expecting a read a little more on this prototype bike and a little less why people are offended about riding with/without a camelbak. Screw what people think and do what makes one happy, or keeps one hydrated.

BTW, one bottle FTW on rides of less than 2.5 hours, or if it's longer and there is an opportunity to top-up on the route.

The bike is under "embargo" right now. Info will come out when they're ready.

9 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Looks like theres an extra mounting hole on the down tube, so you can mount that cage higher to make space for one the seat tube. But on smaller frames, you'll probably have to use 500ml cans

You're correct. There def 3 holes on the white Spark here:

image.png.c001c77eb877fed0aad2eca42ff0d47e.png

But the Contesa has none in the seat tube.