Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

The sharp end of the field is definitely smaller while the mid field has definitely gained around the midsection while the backend of the field have bought e-bikes

Yah broer, the mid section is always the biggest burden  for the mid section to carry around the route...........

17 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I like my 2:99:99 from last  year. :) 

Try 2:22:22 in honour of the recent date.

B.t.w. I came across someone riding a fully faired red recumbent (the kind of tool you need for a 2:22:22) along the Blouberg Cycle lane last weekend. Haven't seen one of those for a while.

2 minutes ago, DJR said:

Try 2:22:22 in honour of the recent date.

B.t.w. I came across someone riding a fully faired red recumbent (the kind of tool you need for a 2:22:22) along the Blouberg Cycle lane last weekend. Haven't seen one of those for a while.

in order for me to do 2:22:22 I'd need that recumbent with an engine 

54 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Second laps are a go go go go..

Just received the mail (Not that I will make it back in time to start a 2nd lap though)

Hmmm... really tempting for once....

The early start means making it back to the start should be ok, bar mechanical or crap weather. Would be inconvenient for my folks to come pick me up another few hours after my dad has finished though; alternatively ride another 40km home, after 221km and 2000m of climbing 🤣 Sjoe!

4 minutes ago, HdB said:

Hmmm... really tempting for once....

The early start means making it back to the start should be ok, bar mechanical or crap weather. Would be inconvenient for my folks to come pick me up another few hours after my dad has finished though; alternatively ride another 40km home, after 221km and 2000m of climbing 🤣 Sjoe!

Just a few more hours for your dad to have a few beers then. LOL

I have an earlier start than before but am also way less fit and way more fat(pitty the i and a swopped around), If the last group was off at 10am then I would have made it i think, but 9:45, naah I'm not making it back by that time this year..

2 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Second laps are a go go go go..

Just received the mail (Not that I will make it back in time to start a 2nd lap though)

If Boland Race of Truth was still on my racing calendar I'd definitely do a second lap this year.
As things stand I'm not racing into April and would rather get home at a decent hour. Priorities sometimes shift. 🤷‍♂️
Next year!

1 hour ago, eddy said:

Two entries available for substitution.

Free to a good home.

Eddy, I'll take one if you don't mind.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Is that the same as an eRecumbent?

It would need to be more than just a pedal assist.