braidot in the front mix. Smart money might be on him for a repeat

Schurter still in the mix to mop up a few more points 

26 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Alan nursing a chest infection. 
Fluckiger out with flu

braidot in the front mix. Smart money might be on him for a repeat

You were on the money!

16 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Pity about Alan’s health issues this week. Hope he can recover in time for Snow Shoe

I'm not clear why Alan finished he race yesterday. Given he was a bit sick and it was clear points were out of range by second lap, I would have thought the sensible thing is to abandon?

15 minutes ago, Ozzie NL said:

I'm not clear why Alan finished he race yesterday. Given he was a bit sick and it was clear points were out of range by second lap, I would have thought the sensible thing is to abandon?

Completely agree...

Hope its nothing serious and recovers quickly.

Isn't the common wealth games race next weekend!? I remember him saying pre-season this was a big goal... 

34 minutes ago, babse said:

Completely agree...

Hope its nothing serious and recovers quickly.

Isn't the common wealth games race next weekend!? I remember him saying pre-season this was a big goal... 

is this the one supposed to have been held in durbs?

Shaysus, with loadshedding, riots and flooding (not in that order) i can't begin to imagine the drama that would have been on our doorstep right now.

back to the actual story, AH has been streets ahead of other racers from the empire this year. (unless Pidcock rocks up) I think it's only Cooper and Gaze been anywhere near his level.

racedate is Wed 3 Aug - https://www.birmingham2022.com/venues/cannock-chase-forest/

looking at the calendar.

Snowshoe(USA) - 29-31 jul

Mont St Anne(CAN) -  5-7 Aug

Technically you could fly to birmingham for the CW games MTB on the 3rd Aug, and then back to Canada. Seems like a quite a 12 days to squeeze all of that in.

With Alan's place on the WC standings (3rd in XCO, 2nd in short track) with 3 rounds left and riding for a US team, I could quite easily see him not going to CWG

Cannondale Factory Racing is registered with the UCI under a German address and under the Name Daniel Hespeler.

the brand is now Dutch owned (Pon Holdings) but still headquartered in the US, Connecticut.

the USA , specifically the east coast , is still an important market of course and the Lefty is still moulded (carbon), forged (Alu) and assembled in Pennsylvania. 

I suspect the title sponsor would want presence at Snow Shoe but Mt. St. Anne may not be as important anylonger as Dorel Ind is no longer a shareholder in Cannondale Sports Group. 
let’s see what he skips as it might not be such a logistical problem since the whole team won’t need to travel to CWG, just Alan and JP

Edited by DieselnDust

After last weeks race, this one was a bit of a let down. No Fluckiger to taunt Nino, Alan sick and two races with far out front winners. I suspect the altitude and heat played a  role. What was wrong with RM's tyres I wonder. Maxxis issues again? 

18 minutes ago, Headshot said:

After last weeks race, this one was a bit of a let down. No Fluckiger to taunt Nino, Alan sick and two races with far out front winners. I suspect the altitude and heat played a  role. What was wrong with RM's tyres I wonder. Maxxis issues again? 

It certainly was not a "visual feast" like last weekend.

The cameras certainly did not do justice to the rock gardens and some of those technical bits ....

But it certainly was one of their hardest races of the year ....

6 hours ago, Headshot said:

I think it was a case of being to soft for the terrain. Anne Terpstra’s tyres were noticeably firmer in the moody slow mo shots so beloved by the producers

Edited by DieselnDust