Garmin Fenix 7 / Epix 2

Fisan

1 hour ago, Craai said:

Nah, keep your old watch. You probably like clicking buttons and stumbling around in the dark looking for a torch 😛

One of life’s pleasures right. Actually 2 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, M L said:

The 935 is my first garmin watch. I wanted a watch that can do open water swimming as well. The features differ so know what you need to know.

Now I use it for swimming and jogging. It makes me want to jog/swim more so for +-R3,000 it’s so worth it - even just in terms of now living a more active life. 

My friend doing Ironman events swears by the 935. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

My friend doing Ironman events swears by the 935. :thumbup:

I would like to think that I would have been content with a 935 or even Forerunner 7-series if I didn't do trail running. But I can just rave on and on about how awesome it is to have the maps with touch. Its so easy to pin to a location mid-activity, e.g. if you quickly want to activate climb-pro while on the run. Wouldn't do that on a bike though..

The stamina feature is also one of the greatest gimmick. X amount of km's or minutes until you bonk.

6 hours ago, Craai said:

Nah, keep your old watch. You probably like clicking buttons and stumbling around in the dark looking for a torch 😛

Setup the quick access button as a light.  Easy to do and then ANY watch Fenix 6/7/Epix is a torch like the 7X.  😉

On 2/18/2022 at 4:27 PM, Spinnekop said:

Setup the quick access button as a light.  Easy to do and then ANY watch Fenix 6/7/Epix is a torch like the 7X.  😉

Epix 2 has built in "display torch" just double tap the top left button. Very bright white screen and I must admit does give off enough lite in a dark room to do whatever may be needed. 

4 hours ago, pedal menace said:

Epix 2 has built in "display torch" just double tap the top left button. Very bright white screen and I must admit does give off enough lite in a dark room to do whatever may be needed. 

Nah, I want a torch that can rival the sun for brightness, not one that competes with my daughter's  glow-in-the-dark dinosaur for brightest object in the room

4 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Is the screen definition much better on 7 than on 6?

Display

Fenix 7: 1.3in, 260 x 260 pixels, touchscreen

Fenix 6: 1.3in, 260 x 260 pixels

The sizes and display tech remain the same across the Fenix 6 and Fenix 7 models. For those looking for an AMOLED version, that's what the Garmin Epix offers - the Fenix sticks to a transflective MIP display.

The addition for the Fenix 7 is touchscreen. This can be turned on or off on demand and allows some alternative options for interaction with the display, mainly scrolling through options rather than having to use button presses all the time.

Otherwise, the display is basically the same as it was before, obviously with the S having a smaller 1.2-inch display and the X having a 1.4-inch display.

20 minutes ago, Kom said:

Display

Fenix 7: 1.3in, 260 x 260 pixels, touchscreen

Fenix 6: 1.3in, 260 x 260 pixels

The sizes and display tech remain the same across the Fenix 6 and Fenix 7 models. For those looking for an AMOLED version, that's what the Garmin Epix offers - the Fenix sticks to a transflective MIP display.

The addition for the Fenix 7 is touchscreen. This can be turned on or off on demand and allows some alternative options for interaction with the display, mainly scrolling through options rather than having to use button presses all the time.

Otherwise, the display is basically the same as it was before, obviously with the S having a smaller 1.2-inch display and the X having a 1.4-inch display.

Cheers

30 minutes ago, Craai said:

Nah, I want a torch that can rival the sun for brightness, not one that competes with my daughter's  glow-in-the-dark dinosaur for brightest object in the room

https://www.4x4megaworldonline.com/vehicle-accessories/led-bars-driving-lights/bzr-x-series-9-led-driving-lights-w-harness/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAjc2QBhDgARIsAMc3SqQZHVLnnbcK1FSWK-nXhiOt6muzNIKlICNV0Vt8i-kZfp5-KklQNYIaAnBoEALw_wcB

There you go

53 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Bit the bullet, getting delivered today. 7x. 

will pass my 6 onto my eldest son who has shown an interest in running and triathlon. 

you will instantly see its worth the upgrade

Can anyone comment on the accuracy of the HR sensor on the F7 or Epix during HIT or Crossfit sessions? I still have a F5x and while the sensor is fairly accurate for running or cycling, for some reason it is way off for HIT and Crossfit. At times during a workout when I know for a fact my HR is around 160 / 170, the F5x has it at 90 or 100. When using the chest strap I don't have the issue.

Would like to get the Epix, but not if it's going to have the same issue.