Scam Site - MTB Warehouse

HenryS

An ad for this website popped up on my FB feed today. I had a look at the site and all the signs are there that it's a scam. The site was only registered on 16 January, prices are too good to be true, only a cellphone number and no secure payment methods. If you try and place an order, it just goes into a Whatsapp chat where they will probably give you details to EFT.

https://mtbwarehouse.co.za/

There is an address given at N4 Gateway Business Park in PTA East, but I suspect you won't find this particular warehouse there.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, HenryS said:

An ad for this website popped up on my FB feed today. I had a look at the site and all the signs are there that it's a scam. The site was only registered on 16 January, prices are too good to be true, only a cellphone number and no secure payment methods. If you try and place an order, it just goes into a Whatsapp chat where they will probably give you details to EFT.

https://mtbwarehouse.co.za/

There is an address given at N4 Gateway Business Park in PTA East, but I suspect you won't find this particular warehouse there.

"Voted best".

Screenshot_20220201_184400_com.opera.browser.jpg.de4f7dd154097f7367e541c93e97e3a6.jpg

https://www.registry.net.za/whois/

Domain Name: mtbwarehouse.co.za
Registrar URL: www.afrihost.com
Creation Date: 2022-01-16T00:19:36Z
Registrar: Afrihost
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: domains@afrihost.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +27.116127200

Not sure they'll do anything but maybe worth a try? 🤷‍♂️

I called the number. 

Guy answered and said I am welcome to go the warehouse where one can view the bikes and buy if you like

How can scott say it is a scam site? 

The guy did not sound like a scammer at all, maybe there spelling mistakes on their website but it seems fixed now.

@Matt maybe you want to look into these aligations on bikehub, just now it is not a scam site?

9 minutes ago, Quagga said:

I called the number. 

Guy answered and said I am welcome to go the warehouse where one can view the bikes and buy if you like

How can scott say it is a scam site? 

The guy did not sound like a scammer at all, maybe there spelling mistakes on their website but it seems fixed now.

@Matt maybe you want to look into these aligations on bikehub, just now it is not a scam site?

Or maybe it is and he rob you of your wallet, car etc when you meet him there ....  ?

Edit:  Anyone living in Pta brave enough to go check it out?

image.png.5137da1939b2bef246f0583122fcc6aa.png

Edited by TheoG