Scam Site - MTB Warehouse

HenryS

13 hours ago, Nick said:

As HenryS said, checkout links you to WhatsApp Web for payment. Avoid! 

Opens a chat to 0835197762. Also avoid.

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 21.43.22.png

pretty sure Gary doesn't live there.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Quagga said:

@Nick if you sure it is a scam site, why not report it to https://ispa.org.za/tdn/ with a take down notice?

Could do but I'm much more focussed on keeping my own site up than taking others down.

Facebook takes their money. For those who see it, it might be worth reporting it there too.

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Could do but I'm much more focussed on keeping my own site up than taking others down.

Understand

But are you 100% sure it is a scam site? I mean you are saying publicly that it is.

6 minutes ago, Quagga said:

Understand

But are you 100% sure it is a scam site? I mean you are saying publicly that it is.

There is general consensus that it is a scam. That is enough for me to make an attempt to remove any ambiguity should someone come looking with the same question.

I'll deal with the defamation suit when it comes.

2 hours ago, Quagga said:

I called the number. 

Guy answered and said I am welcome to go the warehouse where one can view the bikes and buy if you like

How can scott say it is a scam site? 

The guy did not sound like a scammer at all, maybe there spelling mistakes on their website but it seems fixed now.

@Matt maybe you want to look into these aligations on bikehub, just now it is not a scam site?

Not sure how much sarcasm was injected here, but as @Nick has expressed there are just too many red flags on this one and we're happy to take the risk of calling this a scam outright. 

Don't be too trusting of a "guy on the phone". 99% of the scams reported on Bike Hub are for a deal that's a little too good to be true, but the seller (a newbie on Bike Hub), "sounded like a lekker oke on the phone". Social engineering is all part of their game now. 

34 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Bit far to see UDs? 

Magnis UD Trucks Pretoria East RETAIL NEWS: A sustainable alliance

Has anybody contacted this company and asked if they know anything about this ?

It is most probably a scam ..... BUT, maybe the bosses son is doing a start-up .....  (OKAY, the wrong pics, absurd stock levels etc all screams SCAM)

THIS owner may well take exception to his site being linked to a potential scam and get all over Afrihost .....

5 hours ago, CraigCCW said:

image.png.62177878f03249b36a37833dabe39f3e.png

R60 000 bike for half price.........and the wrong picture.

MERIDA's new offering looks remarkably similar to the new SCOTT .... :P

3 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Has anybody contacted this company and asked if they know anything about this ?

It is most probably a scam ..... BUT, maybe the bosses son is doing a start-up .....  (OKAY, the wrong pics, absurd stock levels etc all screams SCAM)

THIS owner may well take exception to his site being linked to a potential scam and get all over Afrihost .....

Maybe call or send them an email, point them to this thread and ask for comment?

As admin pointed out, there are more than enough red flags here, don't think we need to wait for someone to be scammed to raise the alarm

Edited by Skubarra

Someone has done something to the site and it's no longer accessible. It may have been Afrihost responding to reports of it being a scam.

7 hours ago, Quagga said:

Understand

are you preparing A case or something ?