Post Ride Bill Splits

OVERDRIVE

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

Do they have high quality H2O ?

Probably.. but not as expensive as the places in seapoint..

1 minute ago, mecheng89 said:

Hope everything is OK. 

I’m all good thanks..

my dad outlaw is in for some procedure..

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, throttles said:

Probably.. but not as expensive as the places in seapoint..

I’m all good thanks..

my dad outlaw is in for some procedure..

Best to him. Speedy recovery! 

Just now, throttles said:

Everything in the bag is for my fil, you think I should suggest to split the bill with my Mrs?

image.jpg

Your head may look like Dale's helmet ....

Long story short.

Many years ago, just after university 6 of us went down from Jo'burg to run the Two Oceans. Four guys and two girls. We were heading up the coast for a week afterwards.

One guy had his eye on one of the girls and on the first night we went for Fish&Chips and a beer except Alec (that is his name) decided that he would share a seafood platter and a bottle of Chardonnay with the girl.

When the bill came, he calmly suggested that the bill be split, popped in his 1/6th (and another for the girl) and then grabbed the bill so he could claim it back at work.

The other four of us are still mates. We chose to never see him again when we got back to Jo'burg.

ps. I hope you read this, Alec. We haven't forgotten

Edited by eddy

2 minutes ago, eddy said:

Long story short.

Many years ago, just after university 6 of us went down from Jo'burg to run the Two Oceans. Four guys and two girls. We were heading up the coast for a week afterwards.

One guy had his eye on one of the girls and on the first night we went for Fish&Chips and a beer except Alec (that is his name) decided that he would share a seafood platter and a bottle of Chardonnay with the girl.

When the bill came, he calmly suggested that the bill be split, popped in his 1/6th (and another for the girl) and then grabbed the bill so he could claim it back at work.

The other four of us are still mates. We chose to never saw him again when we got back to Jo'burg.

What happened to the girl ?

14 minutes ago, eddy said:

Long story short.

The other four of us are still mates. We chose to never see him again when we got back to Jo'burg.

ps. I hope you read this, Alec. We haven't forgotten

Straight out expose...😵

12 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

What happened to the girl ?

Am sorry, I also want to know? 

On 5/30/2022 at 5:21 PM, MORNE said:

Plenty of places in CT and all over flat out refuse to do separate bills for tables…so better have a notepad,app or calculator handy😅

Occasionally I’ll take all the cash and pay with the card (the virtual one in the phone). One easy way of getting cash. Then again, 6-10 post-ride coffees won’t break the bank. That resolves the split-bill problem if it ever causes a problem.

22 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Occasionally I’ll take all the cash and pay with the card (the virtual one in the phone). One easy way of getting cash. Then again, 6-10 post-ride coffees won’t break the bank. That resolves the split-bill problem if it ever causes a problem.

You sir need to go ahead and let your domestics explain to you where they hide their cash....

That is the same cash that eventually gets handed to you by whomever. 

Spoiler alert...it's bleak

I refuse. I also dont support ANY stores or stalls that only take cash. I pay my taxes so they can too

And also...cash...GROSS.

i use my phone for everything too (apple pay).

😅

Edited by MORNE

1 hour ago, throttles said:

Everything in the bag is for my fil, you think I should suggest to split the bill with my Mrs?

image.jpg

You'd be fruity to try that. Borderline nuts....

3 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Interesting. Why is it shocking? 

@Morne pretty much sums it up. 

I view the gesture of me paying as me being a nice guy with a 'don't worry, I got this one attitude'. But so often it is seen as implying something, or a way to control.

But then I have also heard the rants about when a guy doesn't pay, especially on the first date.

Damn'ed if you do, damn'ed if you dont

54 minutes ago, MORNE said:

You sir need to go ahead and let your domestics explain to you where they hide their cash....

That is the same cash that eventually gets handed to you by whomever. 

1. Like sausages, some types taste okay, but it's better not to see how they make it.

2. In 49 years, a lot of notes have passed through these grubby paws of mine.
    Hand wash and sanitiser was part of my hygiene ritual long before covid. Let's say it's part of my daily work life, so I know them risks.

Another option is to use Splitwise (or any similar app).

We use this with the friend group we holiday with. It's pretty handy. when it comes to keeping tabs, although all of us are have the opposite approach where we feel like we haven't contributed enough.

With Splitwise we:

• Create a group
  • Any expenses incurred by an individual on behalf of the group added in and apportioned (either equally or itemised)
  • At the end of the month/trip/quarter we review the balance and EFT monies owing between the parties
  • It also automatically simplifies debts, so if Peter owes Paul, and Paul owes Patrick, Peter just pays to Patrick.

Might be useful for regular riding groups, or weekends away.

EDIT: I just looked at my Splitwise all-time spending and it's scary. Shows how quickly this friend group's activities add up over 3 years. Pretty sure someone would be a few hundred dollars outta pocket if it wasn't tracked.

image.png.aec814a870920fab17f376c2cd23cba2.png

Above) example of the amounts entered. Not huge...

but  as you can see (below) they add up

image.png.9cf9e3e0175300cf19cec0399a40c86b.png

Edited by patches

10 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

My man, if you cant afford your share you should have said so. In future, you can ask for a loan pre-ride not to create noise.

This tells me everything about the type of person you shared a table with and sums up the situation perfectly. A freeloading do0$ is a freeloading do0$, no matter how small the bill is.

Edited by GrahamS2