does anyone know this fraud @ysteryeti (Lionel Hennessy)

Swannie87

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Me too, it's just easier to keep track of who I'm dealing with, for example I would've saved your number as "Barry BikeHubber XTR Pedals"

The shear amount of contacts i have that are a first name followed by some bike part is staggering 

This scumbag is a real piece of S..T.

Not only does he scam people out of money, he is now adding identity theft to his operandi.

@Stuart, as all have said, lay a charge for both Fraud and and you can now add ID theft to that

The guy is just digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself.

11 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

This scumbag is a real piece of S..T.

Not only does he scam people out of money, he is now adding identity theft to his operandi.

@Stuart, as all have said, lay a charge for both Fraud and and you can now add ID theft to that

The guy is just digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself.

I hope that nobody is feeling sorry for him any more.

11 hours ago, Stuart46 said:

This @ysteryeti (Lionel Hennessy) is a real piece of ****, was chatting to another gentleman this evening who was also scammed by this idiot and he thinks I was involved with this scam because my profile picture is the same as Lionel  wife's!!! This low life piece of **** stole my what's app profile and used it on his "wifes" phone.....Screenshot_20220906-182917_WhatsApp.jpg.3923aff151cd3872e752f7da267a4dd1.jpg

pathetic  👎

10 hours ago, Harryn said:

This is an interesting but pretty contentious take. I guess I do have an appreciation for someone who has the empathy to feel for someone who is this desperate. But, I must say, scamming the innocent man in the street, especially if the frame does not exist, kinda makes it hard for me to actuate any real sympathy because its just such a p@es move. Maybe if he had scammed a bank or an insurance company, or made the 7500 selling drugs or something, I might be able get to on board with your way thinking. Not that I think any of that’s ok, don't get me wrong.

Another thing. I’m not a criminologist or a psychologist or anything, but even if the perp did hit very rough times (yes, this sounds very likely), I still just don’t see how one goes from being an honest guy, to extracting money from 3 people for the same frame (if it exists). Your empathy is predicated on the notion that the crimes were virgin excursions for this oke, but I don’t think thats a foregone conclusion. It seems more likely that there is a history of criminal behaviour. And I think the probability that this is the case is greatly enhanced by the revelation that he stole another dude’s wife’s whatsapp profile pic, which is a pretty sicko thing to do. This guy had more than a passing flirtation with electronic social engineering. 

yes, after this latest information re the profile pic, I retract my empathy post from yesterday.

There is desperate and then there is down and out criminality.

But, in the back of my mind I'm wondering if the real Lionel's identity has not been stolen and if being used by this scum bag. I mean to be a member here for many years and then all of a sudden something like this. It doesnt add up.

I've been reading this with interest, as it is not often that the alleged guilty party comments on these types of threads. I don't post on here much, however have the following thoughts...

Does anyone think this is a good idea - I am willing to contribute towards reimbursing the 3 gentlemen / ladies who have been conned out of their money, and relieve Lionel of that financial obligation... however, they must each lay a charge of fraud, and Lionel must plead guilty to the fraud charges laid against him, and accept the consequences. Of course if there is no real Lionel, then this suggestion is rather futile.

If the wider Bike Hub community thinks this is a very bad idea, or if this will let him off the hook to easily, or if this is out of line legally, I will get back in my box and withdraw this offer, and post something again in a year or 2. Not wanting to start a debate about the rights or wrongs with anyone...  😀

Offer withdrawn by popular demand below. 😀

Edited by Cheabb78
Resistance to suggestion.

14 minutes ago, Cheabb78 said:

I've been reading this with interest, as it is not often that the alleged guilty party comments on these types of threads. I don't post on here much, however have the following thoughts...

Does anyone think this is a good idea - I am willing to contribute towards reimbursing the 3 gentlemen / ladies who have been conned out of their money, and relieve Lionel of that financial obligation... however, they must each lay a charge of fraud, and Lionel must plead guilty to the fraud charges laid against him, and accept the consequences. Of course if there is no real Lionel, then this suggestion is rather futile.

If the wider Bike Hub community thinks this is a very bad idea, or if this will let him off the hook to easily, or if this is out of line legally, I will get back in my box and withdraw this offer, and post something again in a year or 2. Not wanting to start a debate about the rights or wrongs with anyone...  😀

Sorry but no, I dont think its a good idea.

2 reasons

1) The scamster will probably at worst get off with a slap on the wrists. We know our legal system is in shambles.

2) As much as it should not be this way it is. The buyers have learnt a hard lesson and will be a heck of alot more cautious going forward. 

or Bikehub can use this as an opportunity and start a GoFundMe campaign to help towards the victim's legal cost?  

Sending out a clear message to fraudsters... 

Will also serve as a nice marketing booster for Bikehub pay  😏

22 minutes ago, Cheabb78 said:

Hmmm... Whilst it is a noble suggestion I dont think it is correct to run with it. Most people that can afford to purchase a frame of said brand can usually afford the R5k or so lost. 

I get the impression too, that the people that had their loot nicked have probably written it off as a bad fart. I dont see any comments that a case has actually been opened and a case number listed here. I just see a lot of hubbers wielding pitch forks like mine. 

I would be willing to contribute to your suggestion, but I'd like to know that its going to a good cause. You know, the whole pay it forward type campain. And, as you say, proof that charges are laid etc. 

1 hour ago, BaGearA said:

The shear amount of contacts i have that are a first name followed by some bike part is staggering 

Hi. My name is Vetplant. I have a problem...

(Difficult to create a screenshot with ALL the hits on the search for "Bike"..., but you get the idea)

image.png.0eb081f46d78b9651cbdde4c112c2e8a.png

29 minutes ago, Cheabb78 said:

Lol, no offence but sounds a bit dodgy :-)
Are we getting setup for another scam? #GoFundMe

Bliksem ! what went wrong here?

This isnt a new member that woke up someday and decided to scam multiple hub members.

There must be more to this.

7 minutes ago, Schnavel said:

Maybe Lionel has taken over another account and is trying to get out of paying back the money?

I can assure you I am not Lionel... 🤣  Would have been happy to let it sit in Escrow with a trusted Hub member 😃 Only an out the box suggestion to see if this guy is really that desperate for the R7500ish (that we know about)...

Anyway, it appears as though this is not the best idea to hit the Hub this morning, so offer withdrawn 🤣