Low-Ballers  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you low-ball people?

• Yes, always!
    • Nope, I pay asking price!
    • I negotiate fairly!

2 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

What are you on about here?

There is no cabal, cofba or TCS boys club. 

And while this could have played out differently, @MMkind of got his point across.

Advertised bike at R32k

BM offered him ~R17k

Thread here became all about this sale, with pitchforks waving in the wind like swartand wheatfields.

He sells the bike for ~29k.

If you take away the wheeler dealer being named specifically in the OP and @MM  having a "for sale" listing then there would have been little to no drama.

I call that Illegal bumping of your for sale thread - mods please look at that... 

Clever marketing - I will give him that and only that.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he really gone? (I was too busy watching Rampage, fixing cars and even riding a bit to look on BH)

The way I avoid being a low baller is only buying stuff that's priced to sell IMO. Bargains in other words - like the dropper post for R800 I bought a while back. 

3 hours ago, Headshot said:

Has he really gone? (I was too busy watching Rampage, fixing cars and even riding a bit to look on BH)

The way I avoid being a low baller is only buying stuff that's priced to sell IMO. Bargains in other words - like the dropper post for R800 I bought a while back. 

he may be gone, but he sure as hell is not forgotten! Some say he is doing god's work in other internet lands, far far away, championing the rights of the under-offered and ethically challenged sellers on bidorbuy!

I regret missing this thread on Friday like i regret the fact that i passed on the opportunity to buy bitcoin in 2009. My life will never be the same…

i feel i could have made a valuable contribution….like an accelerant would in arson.

oh well, onwards and upwards…every week has a Friyay right? Can we just ask that we please start these threads before 9 am on a friday so we can all make a meaningful contribution?  
😅

3D086EA3-75E8-4A36-A49C-2D5D5B3E385A.gif

Edited by MORNE

13 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

Some perspective from a used bike dealer, just sold a carbon dual 29er with a dropper and GX Eagle for R33k... Oh, and it was MINT, obviously 

Bet the person that bought it is really happy to :)