Tour de France 2024

'Dale

43 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

"shipping 1:38 is part of the plan", said no one ever...

Let's be honest, it did bite them harder than probably expected but I don't think the plan was to over-exert themselves today to get the yellow... I think they were possibly looking at minimal damage and then taking it to the mountains again. .

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's as simple as waiting until tomorrow!

JV smashing blood bags hard right now..... 

Riccardo Riccogegaard just unleashed hell. I'm pretty sure he went to the darkest place in his soul at some point during or after that.

Bouncing back from that Spaceballs helmet fest is going to be tough. It's also tough for UAE to mentally know they have to attack attack attack.

2 minutes isn't going to be made up on final 500m sprints and bonus seconds, so hopefully it means we get what it says on the box in the final week..... ENTERTAINMENT!

Even Vingegaard himself was surprised by the scale of his victory, telling reporters afterwards: "It was one of my best days on the bike ever, so good that at one point I even doubted my power metre, it was showing so high."

"It was on the flat part of the course, I was holding back and thinking I wanted to do around 360 watts," he said. "However, I ended up doing 380 watts between the two climbs."

"We made all the tests beforehand and it was clear for us that it was an advantage to change the bike for Tadej and not change the bike for Adam Yates, for example. It's an individual thing and it was clear from the beginning," Gianetti said. "We lost 10 seconds in the bike change, which we expected, but we lost another 1:30, too. So the difference today wasn't in the change of bike, the difference was in the power."

12 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

It's as simple as waiting until tomorrow!

JV smashing blood bags hard right now..... 

Riccardo Riccogegaard just unleashed hell. I'm pretty sure he went to the darkest place in his soul at some point during or after that.

Bouncing back from that Spaceballs helmet fest is going to be tough. It's also tough for UAE to mentally know they have to attack attack attack.

2 minutes isn't going to be made up on final 500m sprints and bonus seconds, so hopefully it means we get what it says on the box in the final week..... ENTERTAINMENT!

Holding thumbs for this and hope the tour doesn’t finish with a whimper, Jonas looking all too comfortable though 

22 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Not a chance. Tour's over 

well, Pog being Pog, perhaps he doesn't think so. Imagine the legacy he'd leave if that were the case and he honks out massive attacks over the coming days, successful or not.

and remember, Yates went Boom! in the Giro and dropped bucketloads on one stage

2 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

well, Pog being Pog, perhaps he doesn't think so. Imagine the legacy he'd leave if that were the case and he honks out massive attacks over the coming days, successful or not.

and remember, Yates went Boom! in the Giro and dropped bucketloads on one stage

Fot the sake of the production, I hope so. I'd love to be positive for the sake of the neutral but like I said unless Jonas get hit by lighting its over 

1 hour ago, Bruce Moose said:

Let's be honest, it did bite them harder than probably expected but I don't think the plan was to over-exert themselves today to get the yellow... I think they were possibly looking at minimal damage and then taking it to the mountains again. .

If anything, tomorrows stage is way more suited to Jonas. It’s a long 28km climb and given past performances, Pogi is better on the shorter and sharper stuff. 

I hope Pog can do something to keep things interesting and if anyone can turn it around it’s him but it’s such a tough ask. He will have to attack so early and so far he hasn’t managed to really drop Jonas yet. 

4 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

If anything, tomorrows stage is way more suited to Jonas. It’s a long 28km climb and given past performances, Pogi is better on the shorter and sharper stuff. 

I hope Pog can do something to keep things interesting and if anyone can turn it around it’s him but it’s such a tough ask. He will have to attack so early and so far he hasn’t managed to really drop Jonas yet. 

But how strong will JV be tomorrow after bleeding on today's stage...? UAE hurt them last week... It can be done again.

And let's not rule out the possibility of a fall either... Spectators have thrown a spanner in the works recently too...

5 minutes ago, Bruce Moose said:

But how strong will JV be tomorrow after bleeding on today's stage...? UAE hurt them last week... It can be done again.

And let's not rule out the possibility of a fall either... Spectators have thrown a spanner in the works recently too...

They’re coming off a rest day and then rode 22km. I don’t think they’re bleeding at all. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Moose said:

Stop it. Please. 

29 minutes ago, Bruce Moose said:

Very very strong