• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, rorydewet said:

i agree profanity doesnt excuse his actions

but strange you dont openly say if you did or didnt use profanity

always 2 sides in my view

You also just get people who’d like any reason  to fight. @Jewbacca on here just recently got told ‘he’ll be ended’ just for asking “what gear ratio” the guy was riding on his SS bike lol. 

there are some broken-ass people out there. 

Edit: Jewey..maybe the guy has a legit phobia for small people? I mean if a spider came up to me and asked me what my ratio was i’d end it too👀

Edited by MORNE

9 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

What if the guy only uses garmin or something else?

in the group he was in, there has to be a few people on strava, from there I believe you go to saps with a list of people who were on the scene around that time, and if they do their jobs, they should be able to talk to a few potential witnesses.

If some people are hesitant to go forward and go to the police themselves, they could be a lot more open to talk about what they saw if the police called them to ask them

6 hours ago, rorydewet said:

i agree profanity doesnt excuse his actions

but strange you dont openly say if you did or didnt use profanity

always 2 sides in my view

If someone moers someone for using a rude word I'm afraid their worldview needs some adjusting.

Particularly if it was thrown in because of rude behaviour.

People hide behind some flimsy defenses when they're clearly in the wrong.

12 minutes ago, MORNE said:

You also just get people who’d like any reason  to fight. @Jewbacca on here just recently got told ‘he’ll be ended’ just for asking “what gear ratio” the guy was riding on his SS bike lol. 

there are some broken-ass people out there. 

Edit: Jewey..maybe the guy has a legit phobia for small people? I mean if a spider came up to me and asked me what my ratio was i’d end it too👀

I've subsequently seen that same guy going off at some rowdy kids, the car guard and 3 tourist girls (18 to 20ish).

Hand gestures, threats and 'gaaning aan'. 

When I see him now I just look the other way.

This guy in the North is clearly even more unhinged.... That area will soon be know as the Cradle of Human-unkind

On 11/6/2022 at 1:41 PM, FondTF2 said:

Are there any cyclists who cycled in the Cradle today? I need help tracking someone down. This person was in a group of 10-15, one of them seemed to behaving trouble. It was in the bend, leading into the caves road in Kromdraai. This group was spread out in the road. My husband asked that the group “move off/aside” and then continued on his cycle. One of the group took it upon themselves to ride after my husband, tell him to get off his bike so that he could “**** him up” (Classy!) when my husband tried to apologise and calm the situation, this person proceeded to run him off the road forcing him to uncleat. When my husband put out his hand to introduce himself, and apologise again to diffuse the situation this person proceeded to punch my husband in the face several times causing serious harm. The assault occurred around 07:45. We are now waiting for my husband to have surgery. 

If anyone hear this person bragging about his antics or was part of this group, please contact me, as this cannot be left with no consequences. A person can’t just get away with assault! 

SOMEONE in the cycling community must know this person and I would hope they can help us track him down. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to those incredible people that did stop to help and especially the lady who stayed with my hubby till I could get there.

OP was interviewed on RSG this morning just after 06:00. The call to flush out this dingbat seems to be gaining momentum. Life in general would be sooooooooooo cool without these "roaches"

Shame .................... I suppose he was bullied by the girl across the street 😵

8 minutes ago, Mook said:

OP was interviewed on RSG this morning just after 06:00. The call to flush out this dingbat seems to be gaining momentum. Life in general would be sooooooooooo cool without these "roaches"

Shame .................... I suppose he was bullied by the girl across the street 😵

Good that more people will hear about it, Because I'm sure some family or past friend or aquaintance would perhaps know who this guy is because he seems like an egotistcial douche, and these types are 1, almost guaranteed to have Strava as a bragging tool, and 2, guaranteed to have shown his bike around. So hopefully someone knows someone with a short temper who rides said color MTB. I for one think that perhaps the douche is actually a Hubber and has seen this post and has hidden his Strava ride so nobody can see that he rode on the day and if the ride is hidden, He will not be on the Strava Fly-Bys and segments for that day.

16 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Good that more people will hear about it, Because I'm sure some family or past friend or aquaintance would perhaps know who this guy is because he seems like an egotistcial douche, and these types are 1, almost guaranteed to have Strava as a bragging tool, and 2, guaranteed to have shown his bike around. So hopefully someone knows someone with a short temper who rides said color MTB. I for one think that perhaps the douche is actually a Hubber and has seen this post and has hidden his Strava ride so nobody can see that he rode on the day and if the ride is hidden, He will not be on the Strava Fly-Bys and segments for that day.

yes lets hope he gets flushed out.

There are many ways for justice to be served, and not all of them involve violence. 

It would have been a very private, apologise in person, no lawyers, get to say your side, pay your dues and get over it situation had he owned up to his mistake early... The hub and maybe a select few other groups would have probably known about it and that's the worst of it.

But now... You better bet that his name is gonna hit the papers, his boss and family will all know about it, friends will shun him, riding venues may ban him, clubs will ban him and the courts will now take it all the way with multiple dragged out court appearances with a lawyer, anger management classes and even bail being opposed. .. All over loosing your temper because someone called you out on your BS and overtook you....

My guy, the longer you wait... The worse it's gonna get. Lawyer up and hand yourself in.

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

You won’t see me on Flybys either, it’s hidden by default.

All my rides are shared with followers.