Assaulted by fellow cyclist- Cradle 6 November

FondTF2

I hope this kant gets found.  It's just not right. His life must end as he knows it.  His kids school, his job, his family - everything.  Savage rubbish like this must live in the gutter where they belong, because they are not capable of existing in a civil society. 

sorry, not sorry

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe that everyone riding in the group with him and not one has come forward. They would rather risk their reputation to protect a delinquent!!!

Also there  must be someway to find him on strava. Some segment he has a good time in maybe!!

Edited by Eddy Gordo

This box has gone to ground, and must be very scared. You can lay odds he wont rock up to ride in the cradle for a long time. Hope he misses it a lot.

the behaviour of his group in not outing him signifies that that they must be  close knit. He may be the leader of the pack.

On 11/6/2022 at 5:31 PM, FondTF2 said:

One of the guys from the group followed me and assaulted me a distance away from where they were. That said you would think that he would of bragged or said something to the others and let’s hope that he or she has a conscience and says something 

Help me understand this. If I understand the events that unfolded, then you rode past a group of say 15 riders. This guy chased you down (i.e. rode ahead of his mates), forced you off the road and assaulted you. As this was happening, at some point the entire group must have come riding past and would have seen what was unfolding, or already happened (i.e seen you bleeding on side of the road)? 

9 hours ago, Stephan said:

Help me understand this. If I understand the events that unfolded, then you rode past a group of say 15 riders. This guy chased you down (i.e. rode ahead of his mates), forced you off the road and assaulted you. As this was happening, at some point the entire group must have come riding past and would have seen what was unfolding, or already happened (i.e seen you bleeding on side of the road)? 

Help me understand this. If I understand the events that unfolded, then you rode past a group of say 15 riders. This guy chased you down (He left the grp to follow me. None of the others were present when the incident happened), forced you off the road and assaulted you.......

19 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Help me understand this. If I understand the events that unfolded, then you rode past a group of say 15 riders. This guy chased you down (He left the grp to follow me. None of the others were present when the incident happened), forced you off the road and assaulted you.......

Did anyone from the group possibly see you after the incident with the injuries and check to see if you were okay on the side of the road?

Because if nobody from his group saw/knew what happened, then we can't really expect anyone to come forward. Unless the perp told his group of what transpired after the fact..

17 minutes ago, NeverNotRolling said:

Did anyone from the group possibly see you after the incident with the injuries and check to see if you were okay on the side of the road?

Because if nobody from his group saw/knew what happened, then we can't really expect anyone to come forward. Unless the perp told his group of what transpired after the fact..

100% this oke told his mates, this is completely ego driven. I guarantee you he boasted to his "friends" how he just p@#Sed that guy. I'll bet the house, if no one was around nothing would have happened. Typical 4ways boet fighter boytjie.  

19 hours ago, Frosty said:

This doesn’t seem to happen in the Souf (of Joburg). Seems the Cradle is a rof place.

Frosty...this side of the world is known as the "Wild West"😁

25 minutes ago, NeverNotRolling said:

Did anyone from the group possibly see you after the incident with the injuries and check to see if you were okay on the side of the road? - No. This guy acted on his own and the incident occurred away from the grp. 

Because if nobody from his group saw/knew what happened, then we can't really expect anyone to come forward. Unless the perp told his group of what transpired after the fact.. - That unfortunately is one of the grey areas. One would think that he told someone in the group / someone in the grp observed him leaving the grp in haste and when he returned to the grp (that is if he did even rejoin them after the incident) he would have said something or somebody would of noticed something.

30 minutes ago, JJDT said:

Frosty...this side of the world is known as the "Wild West"😁

I am certain he has the attitude of that no one will find him and what can they do

This is another appeal to anyone to who knows who this person is or was part of the group he may have been with, to please come forward. 

I have opened a case at the Krugersdorp SAPS

CASE NUMBER: 254/11/2022 OR 255/11/2022 (was sent two case numbers😕)

CONTACT NUMBER: 011-9511131

SGT LETSOAL0 / CPT VENTER

If you are worried about your identity being exposed and would rather provide details to the police, then please do. By remaining quiet, you are just as guilty as the assailant.

Also just to provide some further clarity:

The assault happened away from the group that he was alleged to be with. He left the group after I had passed them and caught up with me in the vicinity of the crest of the first small drag of the Caves Road. After the assault, he then fled the scene back down to where the group were congregated.

Also based on a witness who saw the event unfold and who was almost himself taken out by this guy when he was fleeing the scene, he is convinced that the guy was not wearing a helmet. 

In all likelihood, the guy had taken his helmet off when they were dealing with whatever situation they were attending to. 

People need to understand the sensitivity of this and I myself am still trying to process/deal with what transpired. We are also trying to be careful of what information we post publicly.

Once again, I cannot express my gratitude to the cycling community and my wife at the support and lengths they have gone to, to try and flush this character out.

Slightly off topic but still relevant to the aggressiveness of people. Yesterday afternoon I hit a pothole with my car the wheel had a nice cut. Long story short this car does not have a spare only a pump and a bottle of sealant. Was 8km from home and decided to drive home very slowly and came across a few impatient people behind me, while trying to keep off the busy roads. This one guy hooted at me as I went slowly around a corner to turn into a more less busy street and he proceeded to speed off.

Seems aggressiveness is al over the place even in not so busy roads. People need to chill and just breathe, no need to vent your frustrations on innocent people.

58 minutes ago, Alastair_S1D said:

To everyone that is saying "this guy must be scared/k@king his pants" or any variation of the above. I highly doubt he is scared or even cares. This much is already clear. 

Might have to disagree here.

Mr MachoMan may be physically "tough", But these are the guys who, when the realize the extent of the shi1tstorm that's coming their way and all the legal implications, Will go hide like a 5yr old from the boogeyman under the bed all curled up, Because Mr Physically tough guy is going to look like a real drol when walking in and out of court, and no amount of toughness will save him, And he will realize that his "Mates" will see him at his most vulnerable, saying yes your honor, no your honor in court and only speaking when spoken to and not interrupting and having his own way like he probably does in that group who are all **** scared of him.