2022 Virgin Active Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The number board issue is standard at that other big event in the WP

that event uses your chip as your entry ticket so that they can charge the rest of your family to walk through the maze with you.

In the days when they would post you your magazine and number confirmation, they used that number confirmation to let you through the door, but some people would photocopy it so that their WAGS could get in for free 😜

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

02086E7C-210F-4EDD-AC05-1E99D2CDBC6D.png

Damnit !!!  I was hoping for the wind from behind on the second half .... :( 

Just now, TheoG said:

Damnit !!!  I was hoping for the wind from behind on the second half .... :( 

We start only at 7:45, looking much better then:

image.jpeg.5f74690b86b8b56c022f02c9530da46f.jpeg

2 hours ago, TyronLab said:

Sounds more like an excuse to get more feet through the Expo.

Annoying but in principle I can live with that. Events with full road closures are ridiculously expensive to host and the organisers need every sponsor and additional income they can get - so happy to indulge them on this if it means I get to do a race with full road closure at a decent entry fee.

58 minutes ago, TheoG said:

We start only at 7:45, looking much better then

You're going to have to pedal a lot to catch us in your original batch start group 40min ahead of you... 

#justsaying

Just now, 117 said:

You're going to have to pedal a lot to catch us in your original batch start group 40min ahead of you... 

#justsaying

🙈 OOPS, I had my MTB & Road batches mixed up .... 

Anyway, I can make up 40min on you with my eyes closed .... 🤪😂

Look like the wind will still be more or less from behind the second half for a 7:05 start .... :)

19 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

I find a salt tablet every 30-45 minutes helps to keep cramps at bay, I also carry some rennies for in case I do get cramps, that seems to help ease them up a bit, that or pickles/pickle juice, that stops cramps pretty quickly

Wrong thread, shouldn't this be in "Dopers Suck"?

Coming from the Nasrec Road off-ramp,  directions to the parking were non-existent. I took a wrong turn and added 2km to my drive. 

I never made a booking, so I hope it didn’t take someone’s slot, as I squeezed in far left (CSA officials) to get my number.

My bib number doesn’t match my frame (timing board), so I hope it doesn’t have an effect on my time. Also, with the seeding change, I lost my personalized number along with a few completed events.

I forgot to take my timing board with, so I hope it still belongs to me.

I got there at 09:14, walked a mile in my own shoes, tried to find my name on the list of 20+ events. It wasn’t in any logical order, so I decided to Keep Walking🚶🏻‍♂️ 

By 09:34 I was back in the car, ready for the next adventure… driving to work.

I’m sure the VA-branded bottle received will stay in my bottle cages, as they’re as really good cages. Hope I don’t have to dodge these on the road on Sunday.

I went through the expo, and set the provisional fastest time on the segment. Hope my KOM stands for the day. Today wasn’t Black Friday, so I hope that doesn’t affect their sales.

Edited by Frosty

18 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Coming from the Nasrec Road off-ramp,  directions to the parking were non-existent. I took a wrong turn and added 2km to my drive. 

I never made a booking, so I hope it didn’t take someone’s slot, as I squeezed in far left (CSA officials) to get my number.

My bib number doesn’t match my frame (timing board), so I hope it doesn’t have an effect on my time. Also, with the seeding change, I lost my personalized number along with a few completed events.

I got there at 09:14, walked a mile in my own shoes, tried to find my name on the list of 20+ events. It wasn’t in any logical order, so I decided to Keep Walking🚶🏻‍♂️ 

I’m sure the VA-branded bottle received will stay in my bottle cages, as they’re as really good cages. Hope I don’t have to dodge these on the road on Sunday.

I went through the expo, and set the provisional fastest time on the segment. Hope my KOM stands for the day. Today wasn’t Black Friday, so I hope that doesn’t affect their sales.

was this you or someone else ?

36 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I went through the expo, and set the provisional fastest time on the segment. Hope my KOM stands for the day

Bwhahahahaa - you should have made a real segment so that people can race it 

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

They reseeded me and when I fetched my number I was still in F, so the reseeding was a waste of time.

Scanned my timing board and it still belongs to me but yes the shirt number is different.

Looking for your name is a complete mission, everything is mixed up, eventually found mine though.

The expo was nothing exciting. Just spoke to the TechnoGym guys and asked if their new fancy bikes will be going into Virgin Actives and the guy said that VA have already bought 69 units with a bigger purchase planned for 2023. Showed me what you can do on that bike.

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

The number board issue is standard at that other big event in the WP.

CTCT ?

You get a new "board" (number on a strip of paper).

They use a Racetech chip ... optional to have it scanned