SRAM announce hangerless Eagle Transmission drivetrains

News bot

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

Have you seen the price of replacement cables .. may be cheaper to replace the battery vs a new cable :P

Nope, AXS battery is R1500 .... 🙈.

I managed to get a used-new one a few weeks ago for R900.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Nope, AXS battery is R1500 .... 🙈.

I managed to get a used-new one a few weeks ago for R900.

Shop around. I paid 995 for brand new ones last month...

1 minute ago, dave303e said:

Shop around. I paid 995 for brand new ones last month...

👍I wanted a spare and was not prepared to pay the std R1.5k price.  Found one here on the hub still in its original packaging, so brand new 🙂.

Edited by TheoG

2 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

You Should change it just before an Epic Race.

Now you know the back markers all change their previous years Epic for the latest Epic just before the Epic.

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

What, didn't this multitude you speak of have spare cables and a multi tools on them? 

you joke ........... I once met a rider training for the Epic ON THE CYCLE LANE who had a flat and did not know how to use his tubeless repair kit.

Try Janus at Evobikes. I just bought an AXS battery for under R1000. Also placed an order for new SRAM derailer. Don’t know when it will be available in SA but think it’s worth the wait. 

9 hours ago, Hairy said:

Shimano are joining the party so late, they may just as well be patenting wireless single speed shifting .... or a lockout lever on your shifter to lock out your rigid fork.

SRAM introduced it, Shimano will perfect it .... 🤪🤣😂

Edited by TheoG

Shimano will also most likely use the udh bikes 

but if udh is open source  then will using that space to mount the Shimano setup really breach something?

34 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Shimano will also most likely use the udh bikes 

but if udh is open source  then will using that space to mount the Shimano setup really breach something?

UDH is open source, direct mount not so much. Shimano is trying to get around SRAM patents but adding a limit adjustment screw instead of the grip washers the rest of it so lightly different in some small details which is going to invoke some court cases I suspect. It will be interesting to see if the patent is actually granted . Applying for a patent is one thing , having it awarded is another and the US patent office is being more conscientious in an effort to protect real innovation unlike just a few years ago when they were awarding anything that was worded smartly